2015 Honda Civic Si Sedan

Mikeyt3

Hey 9th Gen Owners or Buyers, i currently have a 2015 Civic Si with roughly 107,600 miles, so I don't really know what happened but for some reason I don't know why I can't get the 02 sensor and the catalytic converter out of not ready mode i really don't know what else to do, then after trying to use cataclean, nothing happened, then I put my old stock air intake box in and took out the K&N Cold Air Intake, and I also did my oil change and used a engine cleaner and a fuel system cleaner after replacing the oil, so after I put the stock intake back on my car started to hesitate with power in almost all the gears, I mean it goes but I can't push the gas down to force it cause it just revs and tries to catch itself but it doesn't until I let the gas go real quick and push the gas again and then it drops the revs a little so it not so high like the first time when I change gears so i decided to put the cold air intake back on and it wasn't as bad of a strain like the stock one but i just don't know what caused this and if it's my transmission or clutch that's going out. I'm not sure why it's doing this and the only thing I can think it might be is the clutch is going out and it needs to be replaced but I don't see any smoke when I rev and it still goes but it's struggling. Can anyone give me any clues to what this might be or what's causing it. Also wanted to add that it struggling to catch the gearshift and revs high until I let the gas go to let it catch itself then the car goes but still is ruff. Please get back to me thks.

Disconnect the pos and neg battery cables and do not let them touch your battery terminals. Touch the positive and negative wires to each other and you should get a spark. Wait a few min and then connect your pos and neg wires back to the battery posts. Start the car and do not touch the gas. Keep the car in neutral and let it idle for 15 min without touching anything. Shut the car off, and then the ecu and idle relearn should be done.

If you don’t do this, the car isn’t going to run great going between the stock intake and an aftermarket intake.

Are you not lifting off the gas when you press the clutch down? You need to be taking your foot off the gas when you’re pressing the clutch in on all shifts. You add gas as you’re releasing the clutch to accelerate in the next gear. If you don’t, the tach is just going to climb as you’re dumping fuel while the clutch is in.

Hey 9th Gen Owners or Buyers, i currently have a 2015 Civic Si with roughly 107,600 miles, so I don't really know what happened but for some reason I don't know why I can't get the 02 sensor and the catalytic converter out of not ready mode i really don't know what else to do, then after trying to use cataclean, nothing happened, then I put my old stock air intake box in and took out the K&N Cold Air Intake, and I also did my oil change and used a engine cleaner and a fuel system cleaner after replacing the oil, so after I put the stock intake back on my car started to hesitate with power in almost all the gears, I mean it goes but I can't push the gas down to force it cause it just revs and tries to catch itself but it doesn't until I let the gas go real quick and push the gas again and then it drops the revs a little so it not so high like the first time when I change gears so i decided to put the cold air intake back on and it wasn't as bad of a strain like the stock one but i just don't know what caused this and if it's my transmission or clutch that's going out. I'm not sure why it's doing this and the only thing I can think it might be is the clutch is going out and it needs to be replaced but I don't see any smoke when I rev and it still goes but it's struggling. Can anyone give me any clues to what this might be or what's causing it. Also wanted to add that it struggling to catch the gearshift and revs high until I let the gas go to let it catch itself then the car goes but still is ruff. Please get back to me thks.

Welcome to 9thCivic :thumbsup:

Disconnect the pos and neg battery cables and do not let them touch your battery terminals. Touch the positive and negative wires to each other and you should get a spark. Wait a few min and then connect your pos and neg wires back to the battery posts. Start the car and do not touch the gas. Keep the car in neutral and let it idle for 15 min without touching anything. Shut the car off, and then the ecu and idle relearn should be done.

If you don’t do this, the car isn’t going to run great going between the stock intake and an aftermarket intake.

Are you not lifting off the gas when you press the clutch down? You need to be taking your foot off the gas when you’re pressing the clutch in on all shifts. You add gas as you’re releasing the clutch to accelerate in the next gear. If you don’t, the tach is just going to climb as you’re dumping fuel while the clutch is in.
Ya I change gears but after releasing the clutch and push the gas in but it would just rev and struggle to go, now it totally doesn't go at all I put it in gear and it just revs and doesn't go no where just accelerates. So I'm guessing that the clutch went out but I just can't understand why.

Back