2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Spotted

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Spy Shots

Honda is bringing a conceptual look at the new Civic Hatchback to next week's Geneva Motor Show. But we think it'll be that in name only – Honda has a history of showing very production-looking 'concepts'. Given these recent spy shots, showing a very well-developed, five-door Civic, the production model should arrive before we know it.

The new Civic is a seriously pretty car, and from some angles the four-door sedan already has a hatch-like appearance. We love the look of this cobbled-together prototype; the rounded-off rump in no way ruins the Honda's lines. There's even a center-mounted exhaust, which makes us super happy, though that might just be reserved for more powerful Si or Type R models.

Standard five-door Civics will probably use the same engine lineup as the rest of the range – a naturally aspirated, 2.0-liter inline-four on the base end, and a turbocharged, 1.5-liter four in higher trims. Honda's also working on a turbo/manual pairing, which will likely be our powertrain du jour.

We'll get a sort-of-conceptual look at the Civic Hatchback next week. Until then, scroll through the gallery of spy shots up top to see this hatchback from all angles.

Full Gallery -
http://10thcivic.com/gallery/2017-Civic-Hatchback

Lets hope Honda offers the hatch in an Si version...

@Nomar06 They probably will,the coupe concept had the same aggressive front/rear wich didnt went trought production. If you remove the wheels, brakes, body kit, center exhaust and aggressive front/rear end, i dont think its that far off production model.

To me, the hatch flows better than the sedan, i like it.

• Staff
Lets hope Honda offers the hatch in an Si version...
I don't know the answer to this, but last night at the blab event with College Hills Honda, hondaprojason made it sound like the hatch would not be a SI trim from what he knew.

I don't know the answer to this, but last night at the blab event with College Hills Honda, hondaprojason made it sound like the hatch would not be a SI trim from what he knew.

The model is slated to be built in UK as a global model. Considering this, it is unlikely to be offered in an SI trim... Hatch type-r maybe !? :P

• Staff
Only thing I can think is that they plan to build/make the hatch in Europe & export it to the US. If Europe doesn't get the SI, or gets a different version of the SI that the US gets.... they'd have to ship engines or whatever overseas. If they assembled the SI in Canada (which is what I've heard), they'd avoid having to deal with the logistics of assembly/shipping engines in hatchbacks overseas. Totally just a theory.

The model is slated to be built in UK as a global model. Considering this, it is unlikely to be offered in an SI trim... Hatch type-r maybe !? :P
yes this.

Well, after hopping around a couple sites, its been said that the UK will have a 1.0 and 1.5 engines for their versions of the non Type R Civics and that the US will have a 1.5 and "detuned Type R" engine for the Civic Si here.

So hopefully, that US hatch body will get a de-tuned Type R motor. I would not be a buyer of the hatch if it has a less than "200hp" motor.

Well let's hope auto guide is right. AT and MT for the 1.5T and 2.0 along with an SI version.

//
Honda fans, it’s time to get excited again, because the Civic Hatch has debuted at the Geneva Motor Show, and it looks so good.

But don’t get too excited just yet. Honda says this Civic Hatch is just a prototype, but we really hope the production model stays true to this concept because it looks legitimately sporty. With a low, long and wide stance, the proportions are just right and from all the Civics unveiled so far, this is the most aggressive looking one yet. Just look at the short overhangs, huge air intakes and center mounted exhaust. They are just a few of the many little details that Honda uses to give the hatch a sportier look. The Japanese automaker also promises “rewarding driving dynamics and versatile practicality.”

We have learned that when the car debuts in production form, it will only be available with the upgraded 1.5-liter turbo four-cylinder with 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque. A six-speed manual or CVT will be available, and the hatch will also get an Si version and be the basis for the future Type R.

Honda has promised that the hatch will be sold in North America this time around, something Honda fans have been asking for. It has been at least 10 years since a Civic hatch was sold here, so this has been a long time coming. And if the production version looks like this concept, then maybe it was worth the wait.

The 10th-generation Civic Coupe will be built in the U.K. and will hit dealer showrooms in Europe in early 2017 and late 2016 in the U.S.

We have learned that when the car debuts in production form, it will only be available with the upgraded 1.5-liter turbo four-cylinder with 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque. A six-speed manual or CVT will be available, and the hatch will also get an Si version and be the basis for the future Type R.

:brock::brock::brock:

As evidenced by the lack of the center mounted exhausts and lower body spoilers, plus the smaller wheels seen on previous 2017 Civic hatchback prototypes we’ve spied and which were the Si / Type-S performance variants, this group of testers we nabbed in the Alps are the base models.

These will be powered by Honda’s new generation of 1.0-liter and 1.5-liter VTEC Turbo gasoline engines, with the former to likely develop close to 120hp to replace the current naturally aspirated 1.4L in Europe and other markets, and the latter that is already offered in the US-spec Civic sedan, 174 horses. Europe will also get an improved version of the current 1.6-liter i-DTEC four-cylinder diesel producing more than 120hp.

Further up the chain will be the Si for North America or Type-S in other markets, which is believed to get a de-tuned version of the Type-R’s 2.0-liter turbocharged VTEC four-cylinder pumping out over 200horses – possibly as much as 250hp, to compete with the VW Golf GTI and Ford Focus ST. Sitting at the top of the range will be the next Type R with a more extreme body kit and at least 300 horses from the 2.0-liter Turbo VTEC engine.

The North American lineup will include the 174hp 1.5-liter turbo engine for the base model, and from late next year, the 2.0-liter turbocharged Si and Type R five-door performance hatchbacks, all of which will be available with a 6-speed manual gearbox.

^^

Where are you getting this stuff from? Post a link please

Never heard of them before. Be patient and wait for official news from Honda. Enough with the speculating crap.

Never heard of them before. Be patient and wait for official news from Honda. Enough with the speculating crap.

They're prob the 3rd largest blog behind autoblog and jalopnik

Back