2021 Acura TLX Video Screenshots Leak

the finished product looks like the PR team announced the structures and the engineers didnt plan to do anything. So this was the compromise with random parts they had lying around the factory

Super confused by his comments. It won’t hold a gear in manual mode? So it just starts shifting gears without you clicking the paddles up/down? I’ve only driven a couple of cars with paddles, but they wouldn’t shift gears unless I clicked the paddles?

@bootyluvr @webby yea Matt Farah had issues with it too. My TLX does it too. The paddles dont have 100% authority and the car will upshift before redline rather than let you bounce off a limiter. So if youre being aggressive and waiting to hit the paddle and the car decides to upshift before you do, you can end up with a double upshift.

Occasionally mine will forget to shift on a launch in 1st or second and bounce off a limiter a second or two but i dont know how im getting the car to forget those times.

Kinda sad theyre missing the mark with the transmission, but given how badly they got burned on the ZF9 im not surprised they didnt go with them again. Just wish they had beefed up the DCT8 from the first gen TLX and ILX, it drives pretty nicely and has crisp snappy shifts.

On the other hand, i find driving with the paddles and 9 gears to be excessive, mentally keeping track of where I am past 6th or 7th is just useless. Sport+ on mine ignores every gear beyond 6th and deactivates all the cylinder deactivation and fuel efficiency features, increases aggressiveness of downshifts and all that, the car is fun to drive in that state.

Last edited:
maybe it's not uncommon for other cars to do the same thing? I have limited experience with paddle shifters, but the ones I drove would hold gears until I hit the paddles

I can't stand that guy. I haven't watched any of his videos in a long time.
i liked the old stuff reviewing peoples unique builds but havent been thrilled with his stuff since he stopped doing those

i kinda like that all these reviews are so mixed, makes it possible to consider getting my hands on one some day

i wonder if all these reviewers who arent thrilled are comparing it to BMW M cars that I dont think Acura has ever built anything that competed with on all levels

he got the "quirks and features" wrong about the key

when hes reviewing an actually rare/quirky/unusual car i like it, but telling me the quirks and features of a hyundai is a snoozefest

The more I see that color, the less I like it.

the S4 in sport mode put bus lengths on the type s. Good grief. I realize the type s is like 200lbs heavier and 15tq less, but otherwise I wouldn't expect such a huge difference

wow, so it misses the mark of the one german car they let the press compare it with at the launch

yikes, so the genesis could walk away from the type-s too

Back