52mm Water Temperature Gauge Installation instructions

igor gojkovic

Hello guys, I have purchased some ShiftGlow 52mm Gauges. One is a water temp gauge while the other is a Boost gauge that I plan on connecting to the vacuum line for now and later to my KreftWerks supercharger that I will be getting.

I need help on wiring the water temp gauge and the boost gauge to the dash lights of the car. I want the lighting to turn on when the inter dash lights turn on and they also have a wire to dim when the headlights turn on and the dash lights dim at night. I don't know which are the wires that I need to connect my water temp and boost gauge to in order to get them to do this. Can someone please help me out so I can get this done correctly.

Question 1: How do I wire the water temp gauge and boost gauge to the interior dash lights and how where do I tap the dim wire to?

Question 2: Where exactly is the vacuum line located? I need to put a T fitting in it so the vacuum would show on the boost gauge.

So far, I have drilled two 52mm holes in the console tray and placed them there. Now I am ready to wire them to the dash lights but don't know how to. Please help.

I have never done this before but here is a diagram I found when I put in for the k24 turbo boost gauge hook up. Not sure if it an exact diagram, but I hope it gives you an idea. I don't have the K24 and only have the R18. But I hope it helps!

EDIT ::Also, if this is wrong please chime in and let me know. Anyone that is! I would like to know as well because I will be getting an SI down the road and am looking forward to doing this to mine as well.
Turbo set up diagram.jpg

I would love to help, but when I installed my oil pressure and voltage gauges(also from glowshift) I left the dimming wire out..seemed unnecessary to me...I want my gauges to be readily visible instead of dimmed

Jake LXer,

Which wires did you tap to get power to your gauges? I know that you can basically tap them into anything that turns on when the car is on. Example: Cigarette charger wires, maybe even the aux cable. But I just wanted to tap the wires to the dash display because that's the proper way to do this. Plus, if you connect the dim wire, it will dim together when the lights dim. Mostly at night time. I hope someone knows where those wires are located...

I know that I can also connect them to one of the fuses with the add a circuit cable and adding another fuse to the add a circuit cable. But I though it would be easier to just wire it to the wires instead of connecting it to the fuse box.

I have never done this before but here is a diagram I found when I put in for the k24 turbo boost gauge hook up. Not sure if it an exact diagram, but I hope it gives you an idea. I don't have the K24 and only have the R18. But I hope it helps!

EDIT ::Also, if this is wrong please chime in and let me know. Anyone that is! I would like to know as well because I will be getting an SI down the road and am looking forward to doing this to mine as well.
View attachment 51800

Thank you, I will see if this diagram can help at all.

I will post a DIY of this once I get info on hot to do it. I will provide step by step instructions on how to do this properly on the 9th gen civics. I just need more info before I get started.

The dimmer wire (- trigger) is the red wire on the harness going to the hazard light in the first pin

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Back