8th Gen Civic vs 9th Gen Civic - suspension differences

btw I noticed from the other thread that you didn't use the 8th Civic upper rear spring isolator....which you really should use when installing the 8th civic spring on a 9th civic because the 8th civic spring diameter at the upper perch is too big.

Just wanted to make reference to this here so people knew.
Chris

I know this is for differences between the 8th and 9th gens but I've been wondering...

The weight difference between the 2012 Si sedan and coupe is 20 lbs with navi and 18 pounds without. With that little of a weight difference, do you think Honda even uses different struts/springs between the two?

between navi/non-navi models you mean? (if that's what you mean, no - they'd be the same)

I meant between coupe and sedan

2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe (no navi) = 2877 lbs
2012 Honda Civic Si Sedan (no navi) = 2895 lbs
Weight difference = 18 lbs

The difference between a Si coupe with navi and a Si sedan with navi is only 20 pounds. So with that little of a weight difference, would there be a difference in spring rates/dampening rates between the Si coupe and the Si sedan? I find it hard to believe that they would use different parts for an 18 pound weight difference.

I know the 8th generation had a different part # for the sedan/coupe hfp kit. There was a larger gap between the weight though. I can't imagine making 2 sets of parts over that weight difference...

so i can get coilsover for the front and for the rear as long as i get the insolator front the 8th gen?

I want to use the 9th gen struts and shocks and use 8th gen coilsover. Will this works. I only saw you confirm that the rear coils colar will work, but will the front works

It will work with the RedShift coilovers. It definitely will not work with most others because they don't use the OEM struts; so they are having to redo the fronts so the swaybar bracket is there.

Funny so much talk about this, and still nobody has actually purchased our first set of coilovers.

Chris

If I was in the market for 9th gen coilovers I would buy yours. Whenever I upgrade from the hfp on my 8th gen it will be through y'all

Technically speaking if I bought that part from d2 that the swaybar mounts to I might be able to run any brand of 8th gen coilovers?? It worked with the d2's right? downloadfile.jpeg

It will work with the RedShift coilovers. It definitely will not work with most others because they don't use the OEM struts; so they are having to redo the fronts so the swaybar bracket is there.

Funny so much talk about this, and still nobody has actually purchased our first set of coilovers.

Chris

No one wants to buy the first thing that comes out for a car , that's why I never bought them , I rather have went with 8th coils that been out for a while and has been tested many times

Sent from Flyy Network.

btw I noticed from the other thread that you didn't use the 8th Civic upper rear spring isolator....which you really should use when installing the 8th civic spring on a 9th civic because the 8th civic spring diameter at the upper perch is too big.

Just wanted to make reference to this here so people knew.
Chris
when I did my boys 8th gen springs , I used the 9th isolators, just had to align it perfect , and it worked , people take the easy way out , instead of trying things for them selves and seeing what's up

Sent from Flyy Network.

I can say that the RedShift Kit is freaking awesome!!!, can't go wrong with Koni/Eibach combo.....plus it soo much easier to adjust the height with these coils

Back