trung09

Des Moines, IA
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic EX
Body Style
Sedan
getting my civic lowered tomorow on 8thgen eibach prokit
and also gotten the rear 8thgen rear isolators
my question is that do i need to cut anything on the rear isolators? like the middle thing inside it? or just leave it ??

You need to cut it. Looking for pics others have posted...

Here is one:

Cool..we'll see what their response is if any. I'm really surprised Alaina didn't at least log on today to make an excuse for why she has no pics for us, or something...

I got em trimmed and ready, I'll swing by the shop on my way home from work tomorrow. I just realized if they don't fit the springs then that's even worse, then we're stuck with springs that simply don't fit with no fix.
38d71b9e.jpg

The person above cut more than what's needed, looks cleaner but not necessary

DSC05688.jpg

I cut out only the piece that touches the hump or whatever, where the isolator/spring sits...

So 8th gen springs and the 9th gen road magnets should lower about the same right? Im ordering my springs this week for sure but now i dont know what i should get? its either order the 8th gen eibach pro kit and order the 8th gen isolators seperately or just order the road magnets that come with the isolators already? cost effective would be the 8th gen eibach correct?

You know that they have eibach pro kits available for 9th right?

Yes i know they have them but its only 1" front and 0.7" rear and from what im seeing in the forum the 8th eibach pro kit is a bit lower right.

Yes i know they have them but its only 1" front and 0.7" rear and from what im seeing in the forum the 8th eibach pro kit is a bit lower right.

Just a pinch lower, but not worth it especially if you have to purchase 8th gen isolators along with it.

Back