9CCD III: Official Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't it been a different vehicle every year (at least the Dragons I've been to with you)?
Come to think of it, each trip to the dragon in Sept, I've been in different vehicles: civic Si. Nissan maxima (4DSC is a lie). WRX and this year Fiesta ST

I'm the same as you Keith. I can't recall if my e36 has made it twice, or once. I'm leaning towards twice. (FA5, E36, EJ8, 'murrica) Hopefully it can show face this year.. Would be nice to have the wifey bring a new car though.

Ford is doing everything Honda no longer has the will or motivation to make. As a former Honda loyalist it always stings to see how far Honda has fallen but I really like Ford too so I celebrate all the same.

Yeah I remember the WRX and the loaner Subie.
Yup Loaner Legacy
even Killboy liked how I threw it around. Made the weekly highlights :popcorn:

Leggy.jpg

Also made the weekly highlights with the WRX last year (week after 9thCiv event) with SpartanML

8FBDE96D-5663-43CE-8D92-22F3D4978699-4183-000003591442AF7F_zps566d8061.jpg

These two speedsters couldn't pull away from the family sedan :banana whip2:

thumb_1347754690DAVE0115.jpg

Eh, I could be car-less this year and just go down to live vicariously through everyone else while riding shotgun.

I seem to be losing interest in driving, cars, and performance in general, this year I might sit out, while sitting in the passenger seat. I do have a duty to keep the meet going, which I definitely will. ;)

Ride down with Nate... Oh wait I'm sure he's not coming down this year :giggle:

Wife problems :hiding:

@Nomar06 @Tony An @mattsbobo @greg porter

Welp, went ahead and bit the bullet on a Quaife. (Kseriesparts.com is doing a 10% on Quaife and Blackworks products, in case anyone is interested)
Figure if the OEM diff is NOT the culprit of the dead-play I'm seeing in the car's driveline, then at least I never have to buy a new diff (Lifetime warranty). If it does, then great - If not, I'll start looking at axles next. To which I'll probably pay DriveShaft Shop a visit, since they're just right around the corner from us (Salisbury, NC).

I'm being honest, maybe things will change, but I'm having a better time right now driving a beater and simply not giving a ****, rather than driving a performance car and looking around for cops, worrying about douchebags racing me, tuning, mods, warranties, etc. It's nice to take a break from all the crap and simply let go...

Ride down with Nate... Oh wait I'm sure he's not coming down this year :giggle:

Wife problems :hiding:

Yeah, I think he's done....permanently, but it wasn't the wife, it was that he's a little candyass that can't take a joke (painters tape on his car)

Hey man, things change. Interests, hobbies, priorities. Used to be you couldn't get my *** off the seat of a bike for 15 minutes but lately.... I can't stand to think about riding. Had too many minor mechanical issues and tuning and so on. Same crap basically and im over cycling for the time being. It happens.

Hey man, things change. Interests, hobbies, priorities. Used to be you couldn't get my *** off the seat of a bike for 15 minutes but lately.... I can't stand to think about riding. Had too many minor mechanical issues and tuning and so on. Same crap basically and im over cycling for the time being. It happens.
Insert disappointment here.

I might feel like getting back in by August / Sept, but we'll see. I can't totally abandon the life, but it's nice to take a little vacation from it.

Plus this year it will be fun to be the chef once again and ride shotgun in some people's cars that I didn't over the years.

@jrotax101 - Don't worry man... It's just a minor blip since im so annoyed at my current quiver. Hahah we are definitely hitting snowshoe this summer at least once. The DH rig is always flawless. My fork is on the way back from Spesh' already, sent it in for an S-tune, and as soon as thats back on the rear shock goes off to Fox again. By the time its all done Ill probably be itching to ride.

Sometimes a break is all you need to get re-energized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back