9th gen sedan dynamat door installation?

Loppysaurusrex

(specifically fb6) I know how to get the doors off, but in videos I see this black mesh and plastic bag looking thing covering the entire door, does anyone know what this is and if/how you can remove it and put it back after installing the dynamat?

It's to keep water out of the door from what I understand. Say water/snow/whatever comes down between your window track and the rubber seal, the plastic keeps stuff out of the door wiring and inside of the car. It's on there with like a real sticky adhesive of some sort. At least previous civics were that way.

It's to keep water out of the door from what I understand. Say water/snow/whatever comes down between your window track and the rubber seal, the plastic keeps stuff out of the door wiring and inside of the car. It's on there with like a real sticky adhesive of some sort. At least previous civics were that way.
So don't take it off then? Do you think applying dynamat to the rubber or black plastic piece would help?

Are you trying to get rid of rattles in the door from front speakers/audio system?
No merely dampen road noise

Although as it seem right now I won't be able to adhere any dynamat to any metal surface on the inside of the door without removing the moisture cover, which isn't going to happen.

The dynamite replaces the plastic liner. You can use it as a template for all your cut outs.
Huh? I thought the plastic (the bag that webby was referring to) was there to keep moisture out, how would replacing it with dynamat help moisture out as well dampen sound?

Last edited:
I looked it up a bit and @MadMike are you saying just rip off the moisture barrier and cover the holes with dynamat instead?

Nifty. Are there no complications if the holes are sealed properly?

Check out videos on YouTube. Search up "dynamat install on door" they just take it off & install dynamat over entire door. So the dynamat basically becomes your barrier from the elements as well. Hope this helps.

Check out videos on YouTube. Search up "dynamat install on door" they just take it off & install dynamat over entire door. So the dynamat basically becomes your barrier from the elements as well. Hope this helps.
Yea but I noticed that there are wires still coming through the moisture barrier, how does it hold moisture outside the car if it can leak through?

Anything going in between your door will just be dripping anyway, so it will be kind of hard for water to go through. I know the stock plastic barrier is not a 100 percent sealed anyway. By installing dynamat you can seal your holes way better. Just make all your cut outs super tight. Where ever you cut for wires to pass through minimal as well.

Anything going in between your door will just be dripping anyway, so it will be kind of hard for water to go through. I know the stock plastic barrier is not a 100 percent sealed anyway. By installing dynamat you can seal your holes way better. Just make all your cut outs super tight. Where ever you cut for wires to pass through minimal as well.
Oh that makes sense, I thought that all the wires were completely sealed in by the bag, but how will I be able to get a (nearly) air tight seal if the dynamat sheets are only 12"x32"?

Back