9thCivic Live Thread

Hanging at the Tacoma Dome catching Alice Cooper open for Motley Crue.

b3d7774cb1d2610ced3fabd9ba039aa8.jpg

Sitting in a seminar on the scaling of water testing to simulate lead bismuth eutectic coolant.

8b3d033403daf11a2feb719cb3b54877.jpg

Reactions: Nix
Nope. Fan of baseball and to get to go to Wrigley Field was awesome.

Doing as much pre-assembly as possible to my trans cooler. Hopeful install on Sunday.

2n07yth.jpg

Derale stacked plate #51008

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-51008/overview/

It was the smallest one I could find with AN fittings. I got a couple barb to AN adapters. Should be able to install with a short section of the 3/8" stock tubing in place for adjustments and such if the braided hoses are too short. I also wanted to install a temp gauge and the AN lines had fittings I could tap into easier. They make all sorts of AN nitrous port fittings that are 1/8" NPT and most of the temp gauges have 1/8" NPT threads.

I had a hayden 401 sitting around for a couple years that I kept meaning to install. I'm sure it would have been plenty but I wanted to try my hand at making AN lines and fittings.

Nice. Looks a lot better than the Hayden too. I'm curious on the temp gauge. I thought about putting one in, I hate how little feedback you have on these cars. I'm really curious how much the cooler does.

Yeah, we will see if it holds a certain temp or if it goes way up and stays there. I would have really liked to get the temp gauge in place first to see what stock temps are but if the cooler keeps them below 200 and ideally in the 170 range ill say it works great. If I get it installed Sunday that gives me a week to test it out around town. Friday I'm heading to the Dragon for a week worth of hard driving. Should be a good test.

I know in the past driving down there has caused the trans to get pretty angry feeling. Banging into gears and hanging with the rpms over 4k until it cools down a bit. Heh. Probably not good but we will see what happens this time.

EDIT: Ill take pics of the install and all the parts.

Here too.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441449870.700915.jpg
Going out for a drive while I wait for the rest of the world to get up so I can start work on the house.

Reactions: Nix
Back