9thcivic Tail of the Dragon 2013 ???

Info was just sent to the official Tail of the Dragon website for the meet dates next year, it will be Sept 12-15. Perhaps another thread / subforum can be created for the upcoming magic??

If the "other place" even has a dragon meet this year, it's their problem if they schedule it for that weekend, I was first!

:woot:

The stones are set in place, but don't expect an official itinerary for a while, let's brainstorm some ideas, other than driving or ultimate ping pong.

One thing I felt missing in the past few years since we went to Fontana was the "organized" social time. I know quite a few of us are friends now and will hang out, but it really doesn't give the opportunity for new people to "fit in" and just creates social cliques, unlike when Cook did the ones at Tapoco. This isn't a bash at you Jason, because it happened when Cook did the one at Fontana too.

I think the overall size of Fontana contributes to that also, the rooms and cabins are so spread apart that there's no real quick way of gathering other than word of mouth or someone being lucky enough to get wifi somewhere.

We all just meet up on our own and others in the group that are at the cabins or lodge have no way of knowing.

I will have a cabin this year so I'll make sure it's close enough to the lodge so others in the group can easily access it for the breakfast & evening dinner. For nightly hangouts we can all meet at the lodge first or one of the cabins. I want this to be as clique free as we can make it, it'll be much more of a group effort.

I'm not totally ready to take registration fees yet, but we can post a "pre registration" thread for people that are almost certain that they'll be attending.

That will give me a good estimate to give to Fontana.

Oh and every spot is a good spot lol, it's not first come first serve

i was talking about the rooms : ] i always like one on the 1st floor where i can park my car right in front of the glass door hehe

Glad to see this is happening again this year. Hate I missed it last year and hate even more I am going to have to miss it again this year.

You don't wanna miss it, it will be better than our meet last year (which was amazing), and much better than anything "the other place" could come up with, go on their dragon meet subforum and see exactly how much online comversation came from it, lol.

Back