9thcivic Tail Of The Dragon meet: Information & Itinerary (finally!)

Jill & I are planning on being there Thursday afternoon. When is everybody else arriving?
wednesday night around 8 pm

Does anyone know if my AT&T phone will work at Fontana? I know they have a verizon tower there

-Keith
'11 WRX (32k mi) & '99 2.3CL (43k mi)

Just got my Res changed. Now I just have to wait and c how late wed. Depends on if I get the new position.

Jill & I are planning on being there Thursday afternoon. When is everybody else arriving?
Wish we were heading up the same day. I am planning to go on the Friday run with you. If it gets to be too much, then I will just head back on my own.

I'm leaving Thursday morning EARLY from Baltimore and heading down past the Dragon to Blairsville, GA to drop Sara-Beth (wife) off at her family's house (Aunt/Uncle/Cousin live there) then heading back up (about an hr) to the Dragon to meet you all.

Arrival time: unknown

Updated Itinerary! :woot:

Wednesday 9/12:

8:00PM - Depart Fontana for a drive (tentative depending on our moods) or hang out at the lodge.

Thursday 9/13:

5:00PM - Dinner at the Wildwood Grill at Fontana Lodge

7:00PM - Depart Fontana for a drive

9:00PM - Small get-together / meet & greet at the Bear's Den Lounge at Fontana (don't have too much if you're going on the Friday drive!)

Friday 9/14:

10:00AM - Depart Fontana for a several hour drive covering the backroads of north Georgia and maybe South Carolina. Led by ETF . The start time and destinations of this drive may change a bit so this is tentative for now. But we're definitely doing this on Friday, no exceptions. If you're not up to it then for most of the day you can participate in several activities around Fontana (jet skis) or just cruise the dragon all day.

5-6:00PM - I predict we'll be back from the drive around this time, so we'll probably eat somewhere at Fontana, nothing is mandatory but just refuel and relax for a while.

8:00PM - Hang out and relax at either the lodge or someone's cabin. Or go for a drive.

9:00PM - Ping Pong Tournament, located in the game room

Saturday 9/15:

8:30AM - Oh yeah, it's time again for the exhaust video. Start assembling yourselves at the small parking lot outside the Wildwood grill. I predict that the video will be much shorter due to lesser attendees but we'll definitely do something again this year even if it's 5 cars. I will start ferrying people up to the start spot at 9:00AM.

11:00AM - Usually we would do the big loop this day but it's not mandatory. I may run down to Robbinsville and run the Skyway once from east to west and then back again to Fontana. This is pretty much open for anyone to drive anywhere or do something else in the area (sightsee, jet skis, etc.)

6:00PM - Evening dinner outside the Wildwood Grill, the main menu items areBeef brisket, ribs, corn on the cobb, potato salad, coleslaw, cornbread, and apple cobbler. If you want to order chicken or something else separate that's not a problem.

8:00PM - Depart Fontana for a drive, afterwards for those who choose not to can hang out at the lodge or someone's cabin.

9:00PM - Pool tournament, located in the game room

Sunday 9/16:

9:00AM - Breakfast at Mountview Restaurant; say our last goodbyes until next year (for some anyway)

If anyone has concerns of the tournaments being too late in the night, let me know. I place heavy emphasis on night runs because for some of us it's one of the most enjoyable times to be on the dragon (no traffic). I will be out running at night, as ping pong / pool aren't things I have any skill or desire to do. Plus on a nice night I would rather be out feeling the wind on my head and exhaust screaming behind me, instead of being cramped in a small game room. I can move the times back to 8PM, but I'll be out on the dragon going HAM.

posted into the 1st post for you...

prize stuff happening sat night? Trophies etc - I see you have the pool thing happening at 9pm on sat night? I know in past years they've done the tournaments at the same time? It's totally up to you how that's done though.

Back