9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

I have an odd request......

Since I have just changed jobs and I have no idea if I will be able to attend or not.....

And I haven't met anyone from here before......

If I don't book anything & there are no rooms available and end up being able to make it.....

Anyone want to save a space on the floor for one guy in a sleeping bag? I'll definitely throw you some money and beer and food and.... a tank of gas?

Again, high chance I won't even be able to make it but if I can at the last minute does anyone think this is a possibility?

I have an odd request......

Since I have just changed jobs and I have no idea if I will be able to attend or not.....

And I haven't met anyone from here before......

If I don't book anything & there are no rooms available and end up being able to make it.....

Anyone want to save a space on the floor for one guy in a sleeping bag? I'll definitely throw you some money and beer and food and.... a tank of gas?

Again, high chance I won't even be able to make it but if I can at the last minute does anyone think this is a possibility?

We'll make accommodations :bighug:

I still have your deposit in case you need it back and you're really unsure that you'll attend.

Reactions: Nix
Thanks dudes! I do not require my deposit back if I do not attend. Buy a couple cases and pass em around! I'll keep everyone updated as I know more.

I have class until 8pm thursday. We'll be there before 9am Friday morning, and leaving late saturday night/early hours sunday.

Has anyone ever attempted to pay a company to tow their car to the meet using a flatbed so that they don't put so much mileage on their car?
If this sounds terribly elitist and ridiculous, you're absolutely right. But the question stands :coffee:

Don't see why not? AAA premium have a 200mile tow..

I get AAA to tow my car places when I don't feel like driving it. eg (open headers/too loud) (not tuned well) :hiding:
If you have a service like that available you might as well use what is paid for! ( like ASHRAF using onstar to find a local panera bread and then navigate him home because typing it in on the GPS screen is too much like hard work :rotfl: )

Has anyone ever attempted to pay a company to tow their car to the meet using a flatbed so that they don't put so much mileage on their car?
If this sounds terribly elitist and ridiculous, you're absolutely right. But the question stands :coffee:

Depends on how much you want to spend, lol. I know from the Dragon to my place in Charlotte costs around $760.

would you be sitting in the truck with the tow truck operator, or hitching a ride with someone else?

You could get a quote from a car moving service to a town near the dragon. They charge by the mile, and it could be put on a truck like you see delivering new vehicles to dealerships. Some put them on trains, or whatever. I guess it depends on the location and whatnot. The closest place they'd probably be able to drop it off would be around Robbinsville, NC 28771?

search "auto transport" / "car moving quote"

I assume it would be cheaper to find someone who will be using a car carrier to transport multiple cars (including yours). I don't know if this exists, but would guess it will require advance planning, and the ability to do without your car for several days (each way). Maybe they will only pickup/drop it at a major locations nearby your home and the Dragon too.

I have access to a trailer and might tow my bimmer. I will just have to find a truck now.
If it becomes too difficult, I will just drive my stock fa5 with 140k miles.

I have access to a trailer and might tow my bimmer. I will just have to find a truck now.
If it becomes too difficult, I will just drive my stock fa5 with 140k miles.

Either way it'll still be fun. I should bring a beater subaru or cavalier and run it for S&G :D

Handling >>> power

-Keith
'11 WRX (30k mi) & '99 2.3CL (40k mi)
I will agree. I just don't know if I want to drive the BMW there. I will bring it if I trailer it. It has r comps on it now, and should be a joy to drive. Especially after the diff swap, subrame and diff bushings.

Back