A different 9th gen....2013 Accord

Hmmmz.....one place has $195 for Suntek carbon tint or a different place at $289 for Lumar Ceramic tint? This second place also has Lumar "reg" film for $150.
I had the the Suntek carbon tint on my FA5...not issues with it at all, should have a lifetime warranty. i currently have 3M Color stable tint on the 2012 si, lifetime warranty if it ever turns purple they replace it

I had the the Suntek carbon tint on my FA5...not issues with it at all, should have a lifetime warranty. i currently have 3M Color stable tint on the 2012 si, lifetime warranty if it ever turns purple they replace it
I heard that Ammonia in the window washing fluid is what causes the purple

I heard that Ammonia in the window washing fluid is what causes the purple

Ammonia is bad for tint....period. Ammonia is used to remove tins, lol. Helps breakdown the "glue" used.

I've never had ceramic tint before. I heard it's better for UV protection and helps with the heat factor. Also supposed to never fade. The place that has the ceramic tint said they have an extra warranty associated with just the ceramic films.

Yea alcohol does the same for tint...I took off cheap tint when i had a em1, used alcohol and direct sunlight..got it off in no time ;). I know they say ceramic tint mess up the radio signal or something but I never had any problems. My tint cost me tho, $300 bones..but they did an awesome job, Place is called Auto Trim Design in frederick, md.

I thought the metallic tint was the type that messed with the radio.

It's interesting. Sometimes it likes to whine out with no feel of a shift and sometimes it gets jerky. Most of the jerkyness comes from downshifting at low speeds. I want to say its a "6sp" auto.

My 2012 Hybrid with CVT does the same thing. Reminds me when I am not shifting into gears properly so I learned to back off on the power so it'll sync correctly with the wheels. Takes a couple of seconds.

Takes some getting used to and I personally like it now.

The time I really feel the jerkyness is when coming to a stop. It seems to always shift down right when I'm on the brakes around 10mph.

The '13 CVT jerkiness when coming to a stop seems to be a common complaint on the DriveAccord forums.

I have llumar ceramic on my car. It doesn't interfere with radio/nav/gps etc. It doesn't have metal in it. The metallic tints are the ones you want to avoid, because they can interfere with reception.

The '13 CVT jerkiness when coming to a stop seems to be a common complaint on the DriveAccord forums.

Yeah....I'm on that site and read about it. When I took the car in today to remove the pinstripe a service tech drove it and said it was normal. Shifting down to get better mpg. Doesn't really make sense but I'll leave it be for now.

Glad there is no pinstripe now....gave her a bath too.

is the stock horn weak? Civic/fit owners usually buy an accord horn as an upgrade. What's used as an accord upgrade?

Still has that meep meep horn. Not sure from what car the upgrade horn is from but sounds much better.

I don't think it's necessary the loudness of the sound, as it needs to off set the loud music inside closed cars, like the alternating wop-wop of the police sound. When, and if I hit my horn I'll use a repeated tapping, instead of one blast.

Back