ABBZ8377 13 CBP

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
Started off with a 2010 Accord slammed on coils destroyed the frame pretty much so I decided to pick up a 13 SI.

2012-03-22_16.31.37.jpg

First day I brought her home. I really wanted white but I got such an amazing deal on the car that I took a black one.
030.JPG

First thing I did was tint the windows 20% all the way around wanted to go darker but the tint guy was a prick....
036.JPG
Next thing up was redoing all the audio in the car I had about $4,000 In car audio sitting around figured might as well put it to use.

photo(12).JPG

060.JPG
civic 2.jpg

All the audio was way to much for such a small car the box and subs alone weighed about 200lbs and the batteries and 0 gauge wiring was about another 125lbs I ended up taking it all out and selling it off.

Next order of business was an AEM cai I did not keep it in all that long and switched it out with a DC Sport Sri.
dc short.jpg

That didn't last long either I ended up getting an INJEN for free off an SI we took in on trade. Paired that with a p2r tbs the INJEN was quite honestly the worst intake I have ever used from the way it was installed to the way it made the car feel.
photo(3).JPG

Next up I decided to pick up FP best investment I have made in the car yet.

085.JPG

Getting ready to install Skunk2 springs Skunk2 76mm RR and Skunk2 dp to be honest if I could do it again I would have went with the full race it just has a classier look to it.
photo(13).JPG

I was hesitant to go with coils again I get way to "slammed happy" so the skunk springs from what I know give you the lowest drop but that coil itch is coming back so these might be coming out soon.

Decided to take the 4500's in the bottom and replace them with some 2500k yellows.
096.JPG

Decided it was time to step my game up and rip out some of the trash so I ditched the tbs and INJEN and bought a PRL the difference was incredible.

prl.jpg

Added Garageline 20mm wheel spacers only had them on about 2 weeks just didn't really liked the way they looked and they rubbed in the front.

168.JPG

Decided to try another look in the fogs after seeing it on another members car 14000k purple not really sure if I like it so I might switch them out again also wired up a relay to run the fogs independent.
lca.jpg

Reactions: Nix
Decided to replace the cable bushings with some Hybrid Racing ones another great choice the car just shifts so much smoother also did the clutch valve delete and put in a PRL ss clutch line (use a speed bleeder it will save your sanity)
hyyyyy.jpg

And this is how she sits today I will be installing the ZDX TB for the stock IM tomorrow so if anyone is interested I will keep them updated with results.
photo(10).JPG todayyy.jpg

Looks great man, good set of mods so far.
What's the future look like for this car?

Not really sure to be honest I was gonna buy rims but it's really not worth it with the way the streets are in Mass but I think next up will either be coils or the RBC after reading Vit's post about it I was a little hesitant but its the only way to get to the next level without Supercharging or Turbo. Right now I am pushing in the 200whp range so after I install the ZDX and do another re tune I will figure out my next move.

So you tried the dc, the prl, and the injen intake? lol.

Ya and the AEM lol just never took a pic of that and not to put a product that someone else might be using down but VIT is 100% on point when he says they are all junk the PRL is what really turned the car around.

Santa does not drive a sleigh he drives a UPS truck !!! X-mas came early today got my ZDX TB from PRl and I also got a free Cobra Radar detector and the kit to hard wire it. Not sure if I will get around to installing any of it today its 92 and climbing outside with heavy rain on the horizon only in New England.... And I am still waiting on some parts from VIT.photo(14).JPG photo_2(9).JPG photo_3(6).JPG photo_4(1).JPG

Thanks I'm trying lol few things I regret buying along the way but that's how we learn what brand's we like and what brand's we don't like :vtec:

Okay so I told myself I was not gonna do the install in 100 degree weather and like an a$$ I could not resist playing with my new parts.

First things you will need if you plan on doing this are as follows

1. If its 100 out make sure you have plenty to drink
2. 12mm socket with an extension
3. An allen key not sure what size it was exactly and a nut drive to take the clamps off your intake

photo_1(12).JPG

After you get the old TB is when you really need to pay attention make sure when you take the TB off you put something inside the manifold opening to prevent anything from getting in there.

photo_3(7).JPG

The next part is crucial to your sanity.... when you unbolt the old TB there is 2 clamps with a nut on both ends that holds the TB to the manifold you need to be EXTRA careful not to screw these things up or this job becomes 10x harder than it should be. When I took off my TB spacer a few months ago and went to reinstall the TB I clearly was not paying attention and over torqued the bolt so when I went to take it off this time guess what it did not want to come off and I ended up bending one of the clamps.... good luck trying to get one of those things to line up with the holes after it has bent. What I did instead until I can get to a Honda dealer and replace the clamps is I used lock washers and bolts which should by all means be perfectly fine and cause no issues but I am still going to replace both of the clamps. This is my DD so I was kinda stuck and needed to think quick and that seemed the like the best idea.

photo_5.JPG

Next up you can see the considerable size difference between the stock TB and the ZDX the size difference means when you are installing it you need to play with it a little to figure out how everything lines up properly I mocked it up first without the paper gasket just to see how everything went together the last thing I needed to do was tear the gasket I was already sweating to death and annoyed from screwing up the clamps. Also because I did the coolant bypass I found some nice vacuum caps that fit perfect where the coolant lines on the TB should go.
photo_4(2).JPG

Now I didn't really take many more pics after this because the heat was killing me and I just wanted to get this done and over with but here is what it looks like after the install. And I have not tested it yet either once again I just wanted to get out of the heat. But just by hitting the gas a few times and giving it a few good revs you can feel there is a considerable difference in throttle response. I will do some testing tomorrow and give some feedback on how it actually feels. And I will more than likely be doing another re tune with Vit in a few weeks and we will really find out if this purchase was worth it or not. And that ugly little valve at the top will be gone tomorrow as well just waiting on a new plug from Vit.

photo(15).JPG

Great stuff man! Thanks for all the pics and descriptions of everything. If anyone has questions about parts I'm just gonna direct them here. hahahaha.

edit: If you happen to know, which speedbleeder did you use for the clutch?

The model number is sb8125l-ss that's the stainless version the other one is trash spend the extra 3 bucks. Those speed bleeders are amazing and saved me tons of pain when I do the brake lines I will end up using them again.

I want to add one more thing to this post I was going to replace the clamps on my intake with T-bolts not worth the effort at all they look pretty but I find them to be a huge pain in the a$$ when it comes down to needing to do something quickly. I had been testing one out on my intake to see how they held up and today when I was unbolting everything I had my regular clamps off in 30 seconds the T-bolt clamp not so much.

Back