AFE axle back exhaust on automatic 2014 civic sedan lx. Pros and Cons?

snahfu

I'm sticking with my auto lx for a while and I want to make it a bit deeper in sound. (not looking for something too loud)

After some research, some people have swapped a 2011 si exhaust to a 9th gen lx. However, im having trouble finding this part but i did come across an AFE axle back exhaust for 350 dollars.

Anything I should know about before making this install on an automatic? I'm a little bit worried about noise in the cabin since I do long road trips and my girlfriend likes to sleep in my car. Would be that a huge issue?

Thanks!

01313_zTzcnuLgPu_600x450.jpg

TBH with you i have one installed on my car and have had it on for about roughly 2 years or so now and in my opinion it's a nice sounding exhaust for what it is and its not horribly loud as well. The only drone you really get is lets say youre climbing a hill and your car downshifts and stays in the 3K RPM range it starts to drone. When youre cruising its pretty dang quiet almost as if you didnt have an aftermarket exhaust on there. I would say the times its the loudest are 2K and then 3K + RPM when youre cruising around the city at 1.5K RPM or the highway at ~2.5KRPM its pleasant.

P.S If it makes you feel any better my gf knocks out in my car all the time so i would say the sound isnt an issue if youre worried about it not letting your girl sleep in your car.

TBH with you i have one installed on my car and have had it on for about roughly 2 years or so now and in my opinion it's a nice sounding exhaust for what it is and its not horribly loud as well. The only drone you really get is lets say youre climbing a hill and your car downshifts and stays in the 3K RPM range it starts to drone. When youre cruising its pretty dang quiet almost as if you didnt have an aftermarket exhaust on there. I would say the times its the loudest are 2K and then 3K + RPM when youre cruising around the city at 1.5K RPM or the highway at ~2.5KRPM its pleasant.

P.S If it makes you feel any better my gf knocks out in my car all the time so i would say the sound isnt an issue if youre worried about it not letting your girl sleep in your car.

Thanks for the reply. Does it make any difference that my car is an automatic?

I've read how loud exhaust on an automatic are extremely annoying. I'm hoping this is not the case since this exhaust has a few reviews on amazon saying its pretty quiet but they are all manuals.

Thanks for the reply. Does it make any difference that my car is an automatic?

I've read how loud exhaust on an automatic are extremely annoying. I'm hoping this is not the case since this exhaust has a few reviews on amazon saying its pretty quiet but they are all manuals.

My car is an automatic as well and if you just keep it out of the RPM range I spoke about before it wont be a big issue.

Back