AFM vs MAP tune

Phroze

Oklahoma City, Ok
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I am currently running a tune for N/A engine with intake, header and exhaust. I'm assuming that it's on an AFM tune.

Since that tune I've added an RBC IM/throttle body. And very recently installed a PRL turbo kit, now since the AFM is spliced into the IAT and only the IAT sensor is plugged in, would that cause my rpms to limit out? I know when using the IAT sensor in place of the AFM, you have to be on a MAP calibration, so i'm hoping that's the problem right now? (I'm currently waiting on my 4bar sensor to come in before i can tune it btw)

@VitViper how do I know what type of calibration (AFM or MAP) i'm currently running?

now once i get this retuned for this turbo setup, having the IAT sensor in place of the AFM sensor will be ok?
Will it be tuned on a "MAP" calibration?
With the AFM sensor unplugged and only the temperature being read, the engine goes into a still mode, limiting the rpms to 3k. Is it right for me to assume that once in a MAP calibration, only the temperature needs to be read off that sensor? And It will then allow me to rev past 3k?

Last edited:
Back