After market front bumper cover

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
Hi guys,

It seems likely that the snow did some minor damage to my front bumper cover. I think it scrapes a bit the bottom of the cover. And my civic is NOT lowered. I will access the damage once the weather is good. :(

Therefore, I'm thinking about starting a new project in the summer, which replaces the front bumper cover with a new one and installs the fog light bracket & modulo lip together; They are already bought and stored in my basement.

Someone suggested that I should get an aftermarket one (CAPA certified) instead of OEM.

http://www.partstrain.com/store/details/Replacement/Bumper_Cover/REPH010339PQ.html?location=Front

What do you think?

Alternatively, if you know where I can get a OEM front bumper cover painted cheap, please also let me know.

Thanks,

Last edited:
It should be fine to purchase that one. I've purchased a 3rd party one before and the quality was spot on. If you have scraping on the under side, maybe the lip will cover the damage? It's plastic, so it's not like it's going to rust if your lip covers it.

Reactions: Tak
It should be fine to purchase that one. I've purchased a 3rd party one before and the quality was spot on. If you have scraping on the under side, maybe the lip will cover the damage? It's plastic, so it's not like it's going to rust if your lip covers it.
Thanks @webby
I looked underneath and noticed there is a crack like on the right passenger side and found one of the clip was gone. I don't know if the lip will cover it.

As I initially was trying to ask a local body shop to cut holes to put the oem fog light bracket and the modulo lip (this project starts in April or May), I'm like, the price is similar as to get a new bumper.
This eBay seller sells the same after market bumper with matched paint and free shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350801283406?ul_noapp=true
The price is about the same as I buy it from the link in my previous post and get it painted with a local body shop.

unless you can get the item in person, I'd avoid a prepainted item that size. Shipping is never perfect, and you'll likely end up with a bumper with scuff marks or damage from shipping. The best case scenario is having a body shop paint it locally.

Yes, have it painted locally so they can paint match it for you. Paint can be quite expensive too. My car has a CAPA cert replacement bumper on it. I'd say the fitment is 95%.

Reactions: Tak
Yes, have it painted locally so they can paint match it for you. Paint can be quite expensive too. My car has a CAPA cert replacement bumper on it. I'd say the fitment is 95%.

Thanks @Nix for your great information.
Why did you say the fitment is 95% only? Where's the 5% go?
I notice that the bumper I am inquiring appears to be no license mount. Perhaps I gotta drill it? How about yours?
I also google around the OEM EX bumper online. The price is around 300 shipped and I guess it is unpainted even it is OEM. To add up the paint, the cost of the OEM bumper replacement is about 500 where the CAPA cost about 250 top.

Well, the corners stick out a little where the bolt up near the headlights. One side can be flush at a time. If you push in on the one corner, the other one pops out a little. So its not perfect. Other than that I've had no issues with it and its held up well. I didn't know it wasn't OEM until I took it off and saw the sticker on the back. The fog light mounting points were a little off as well but not so far that a little bending of the brackets couldn't solve it.

Minor stuff. Like I said, 95% perfect and pretty much unnoticeable.

Mine also had no third mounting hole drilled. I just used the two mounting points in the lower grill opening with a threaded insert. I live in a state that doesn't need a front plate now and Im glad I don't have that hole drilled. You could mess with the lower mount points and perhaps get away without drilling. My plate never flopped around. Just depends on the type of plate holder you have.

im planning on buying a coupe bumper from ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-2012-2...ash=item3aa5db92a7:g:xZoAAOSwNRdYBkSt&vxp=mtr

how do we know what grade / quality it is. can the seller lie to me?

I'm worried it might melt / deform under the hot sun. I travel to sacramento a lot and it gets very hot.
look at the neutral feedback on the profile -

=======
Paint has numerous runs. The fit is poor. Looks ok from 10 feet.
Buyer:
f***f ( 107)
During past year
Fits: 2012 2013 Honda Civic Coupe Front Bumper PAINTED HO1000282 (#251890733735)

Yeah, the seller can "lie" to you. They can say it looks great, cause they have poor eyesight. You definitely get what you pay for with aftermarket paint jobs. Buy a new OEM bumper for that price and have it painted professionally. You will most likely need to have it paint matched or it will be obvious that it is a new/different part. Pay to play man. Pay to play. Especially with paint. Fitment might be passable for that price but the paint wont be.

Back