Air Conditioning

Lindsaysarah

Hey Guys!

I've noticed since I bought my 2014 Si that every time I use my air conditioning it produces almost a feedback like noise. When I brought it in to the dealership the manager tried to blame it on my intake which I knew was BS because it made the noise before the intake was installed. I explained that the noise only happens when the air conditioning is on. They want me to bring it in for diagnostic testing but I was just curious if anyone else has experienced something like this. Thanks!!

-Lindsay

I've got a 2015 ex, but haven't experienced that. Does it make a difference whether it is on auto or not?

Its just anytime it is using any type of the refrigerant. If I have it on defrost it does it too, even if the a/c isn't on. But if I have it on normal air with no a/c it does not do it.

Does the feedback noise come through the actual radio? Or that's just the best way to describe the noise?

Found this thread on a 2013 ex-l with similar problem. Maybe it'll help narrow it down for you.

http://www.***************/forum/showthread.php?t=53394

The defrost mode will always keep the a/c on as the dry air produced is what actually defogs your windshield. Even on hi or fully hot the a/c compressor is on to remove moisture from the air, the moisture is what sticks to the windshield when the interior and exterior temps are different. Just a little insight but as far as any feedback noise or anything I can't say I've had that issue but I never run my a/c for ultimate power! Lol but what I have as an issue on my 15 is the low pressure line (big fat one the goes from the firewall to the compressor) rubs my hood which IMO is a factory defect. This may be transferring noise from the compressor into the cab or your compressor itself is making the noise loud enough to hear in the cab regardless. Is the a/c ice cold/acting normal for cooling as a low charge/moisture may be a cause of the noise as the refrigerant flows through the system. Hard to say though without hearing it first hand.

I know that the a/c is run when the defrost is on but that's generally what I keep mine on especially in the winter time. I had a feeling it had something to do with the compressor but when I brought it to the Honda dealership here they dicked me around and tried to tell me it was coming from my intake which I know it's not. They just want to blame it on the aftermarket parts which is annoying. They want to have me bring it in again and have the a/c diagnosed and services but I don't want to have to pay them lol

Put the factory air box back on to shut them up, that's what I would do. Flash the stock map back on with flashpro and go from there.

If you feel it's that big of a hassle then your call but I personally find that a super easy thing to do (if you didn't relocate the battery) but I also work on cars for a living and have done just about everything possible to a car. Just can't complain with their choice to not look into it if your choice is to not prove them wrong. I'm also assuming it's a battery relocate type intake which is a pain but I personally am not a fan of them. I definitely understand the frustration though and can't really think of anything else to change their mind

If you feel it's that big of a hassle then your call but I personally find that a super easy thing to do (if you didn't relocate the battery) but I also work on cars for a living and have done just about everything possible to a car. Just can't complain with their choice to not look into it if your choice is to not prove them wrong. I'm also assuming it's a battery relocate type intake which is a pain but I personally am not a fan of them. I definitely understand the frustration though and can't really think of anything else to change their mind

Agreed. My kit was a battery relocate kit and I don't ever want to mess with the Air box again :) I am sure you are far superior to me when it comes to mechanics skills

Put the factory air box back on to shut them up, that's what I would do. Flash the stock map back on with flashpro and go from there.

It's just annoying because I KNOW it's not the damn intake. They're just being assholes lol. I'm going to make them figure it out though because it's driving me bat **** crazy every time I drive haha

I could do that its just like a whole day ordeal because the other Honda dealers are all about at least an hour away

Back