Alakaboom's Intro

Alakaboom

Hi guys, Some of you might remember me as Slow_si from 8txhcivic.

I currently drive an 07 Civic EX, no mods, automatic. I would have preferred manual but i bought the car used and that was what was on the lot.

In about two or three months i will be in the market for another car, had to sacrifice my previous car, an MR2 Spyder due to things always breaking.

A list of cars i've had: Nobody bought me any of these.

1992 Honda Accord EX
2006 Honda Civic Si (my favorite, crashed)
2008 Mazda RX8 40th Anniversary Edition (hit twice, turbo'd, engine went, couldn't fix, sold)
1990 Toyota Supra Base
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe V6 (got bored of it)
2010 Mazda Miata with Power Hardtop (dealer never put loan through, don't ask)
Got back in the Genesis coupe I traded in on it
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder (damage, damage, damage, break, break, damage, break, sold)
1994 Saturn SL2 Sedan (needed transportation, Sunroof leaked and dealer agreed to take it back after they couldn't fix it)
2007 Honda Civic EX
2006 Mazda Miata (again, loan fell through. gotta stop buying mazdas so i ended up back in the Civic EX)

For being 23 years old, its a long list but cars are my weakness, So i wait until i'm right side up and trade them in when i'm bored.

I would have kept the Si but it was damaged pretty badly in an accident and never drove the same after multiple fix attempts, and the RX8 I dumped a good amount of money into and then couldn't fix the engine right away and needed tranpsortation.

I will get pics of my cars up when and if find them, most of them have been lost to data errors over time. most of the digital pics are crappy though.

I'm currently deciding between a '12 Mazdaspeed3 and a 12' Civic Si. I'll stick around if i get the civic.

Welcome!

I currently have a friend who just purchased a 12 Mazdaspeed 3. Can't wait to see pics, and let me know if I can help with any of your negotiating with the dealerships!

The only concern i have with the speed 3 is torque steer, which is very apparent in that car compared with the 06 Si i had.

Oh yeah, they are torquy motors. I've heard some issues with the Direct Injection technology that can make it a PITA with modding. From what I've read a lot of the speed3 guys burn a good amount of oil when getting on the car. I understand every turbocharged car is going to burn some oil, but what i've seen is Speeds are much more than others, when modded.

I can't remember if they had a LSD of any sort in them, but i can't imagine why they wouldn't.

Nice list! dang man stick around. If you get an MS3 hit up VitViper at Etunes. Guy has like a 700hp civic and a 600hp MS3. Ask him which he likes better if you want a legit performance review. Get an Si. It's a honda. Last you forever.

that is quite the list of cars. As for the ms3 -

"DRIVETRAIN
Close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission, torque-sensing conical limited-slip differential, equal-length half shafts, Mazdaspeed-tuned suspension and brakes".

Someone had a black ms3 at the last tail of the dragon meet (on 8th). I can't remember who owned it though...

that is quite the list of cars. As for the ms3 -

Someone had a black ms3 at the last tail of the dragon meet (on 8th). I can't remember who owned it though...

guy's name was Jerry iirc, sn "racerx78", I troll-sandbagged him (and everyone else) during the day runs and let loose at night, he couldn't keep up :fistpump:

he bought a ford taurus SHO, the new kind with the ecoboost engine.

welcome to 9th Alakaboom! :woot: , I'd go for the Si over the ms3.

He went from the ms3 to the new SHO? That's quite a change

Update:

I drove a sedan Si and sat in a coupe. The Coupe is probably not what I'll be getting but i may ask them to give me summer tires on my sedan Si if i get it. I found the nav system useless to me but it would be a nice feature for long road trips, however, i have a Garmin that works really well.

The shifter was effortless to find the shifting positions on, I was allowed to drive it hard and did not miss a single gear, unlike in my 2006 where gears would grind or be missed constantly.

The power delivery was a huge difference from the Si I used to have, The '12 felt faster even at low RPM. the massive amount of Torque (relatively speaking) is a nice thing.

Overall, Very fun car, Might not be the fastest thing on the road but it is a huge improvement over my 07 EX.

FYI, It was a little wet out but the windshield wipers were unnecessary for the most part, so i didn't try to launch on the stock tires, maybe someone can chime in here on the stock Si tire quality (non-summers).

Other contenders i will not be buying:

12 Challenger R/T (too big)
12 Camaro SS (cannot see well out of it)
12 Mustang GT (too much temptation to abuse power, transmission horror stories from buddies)
12 Sentra SE-R Spec V (boring)
12 MazdaSpeed3 (nobody lets me drive them or has them)
12 WRX (didn't like ride comfort)
12 Genesis Coupe V6 (already had an '11)
13 Genesis Coupe V6 (First gen had little aftermarket support for the v6 and very ugly)

Thought about it, Waiting for more reviews, still got two months before i can buy a new car.

Back