AlienPrime's Build Thread!

I'm bottom left corner! My first meet of the season! Many people came out! If your relatively close to Sudbury, Ontario, common out to my meets!

980303_10200631803150600_1863171922_o.jpg

I'm not saying it's a bad idea or anything like that. I'm just saying bc your car is the test car. Right? So you would have the 1st coilover. Lol.

Careful rolling the rears. If it's a double panel you may end up with a weird crease in the body line that is that flat zone on the rear fender. Usually on a double panel you are much better off shaving it down. Especially if its a minimal amount you need to take off, an angle grinder with a grinding disc is your best bet. You can even get a few sanding/flap discs and make the fender really nice and smooth after. RTV sealant the areas you hit and you should be good.

Careful rolling the rears. If it's a double panel you may end up with a weird crease in the body line that is that flat zone on the rear fender. Usually on a double panel you are much better off shaving it down. Especially if its a minimal amount you need to take off, an angle grinder with a grinding disc is your best bet. You can even get a few sanding/flap discs and make the fender really nice and smooth after. RTV sealant the areas you hit and you should be good.
wow good point! thank you! :D

and yeah probably seal it up after grinding just to avoid any possibility of rust :D

Reactions: Nix
I used a cutting disc on mine cause I was taking off about 3mm. I started with the grinding disc but it really takes material off slowly. Also there was a lot of paint and a layer of sound deadening material. That stuff catches on fire pretty easy so it was a little smoky. I just kept a towel in a bucket of cold water nearby. Cut for about 10-15 seconds then cool down the panel and you shouldn't have any burned paint issues.

once I had it down enough I used the grinding disc to remove burrs, 60/80/120grit sanding discs.

Yeah the rear is double paneled. It took like 30mins per fender of VERY VERY slow passes to get the back done. I would recommend shaving. The screw that holds on the rear bumper was an issue for me. Let me know if it is a problem for you as well, or how you overcome it. It could ofjust been because my tires were too beefy lol

Awfully meaty tire there don't you think? That's gonna be monster truck status for certain.

hahahaha im jk man.

Last edited:
Back