all i can say is brrrrrr

Oh how I love having to shovel my driveway so i can get out in the am before my commute! (Insert sarcasm here)

Oh how I love having to shovel my driveway so i can get out in the am before my commute! (Insert sarcasm here)
Time to diy the driveway.... put in a heated pad? I saw a number of homes in the mountains with them. They'd have it set to a timer, and it'd have their driveway melted each morning, or whenever they had it turned on. Seems like it'd be a huge benefit to areas of high snowfall.

Just days after US heavy metal band Metallica played a gig in the frozen continent and Prince Harry set off on the final leg of his journey to the South Pole, scientists have revealed the remote region has set a new record low temperature.

Speaking at a meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco on Monday, Ted Scambos from the National Snow and Ice Data Center revealed that in August 2010, a remote region of Antarctica recorded a temperature of minus 94.7C.

The mercury plunged to similarly cruel depths on July 31 of this year, when it registered minus 92.9C.

The previous record low temperature was a comparatively cosy minus 89.2C.

The low temperatures have not deterred an increasing number of visitors to the icy continent, including heavy metal band Metallica, who can now say they have performed on every continent on the planet.

Sunday evening's unusual concert, near a glacier and inside a transparent dome on Argentina's Carlini base, was seen by about 100 spectators wearing headphones, and a live audience watching on YouTube.

Sporting a fur hat and sunglasses, lead singer James Hetfield told the select crowd: "Are you ready to make history? So are we.''

The dome protected the band and the small crowd from ferocious icy winds sweeping Antarctica, with the audience - scientists and a few other guests - wearing headphones to protect the environment.

The concert was wired for sound with a generator and solar panels, but without amplifiers or speakers, and was streamed live and put on YouTube.

According to Rolling Stone, the concert was the second staged in Antarctica.

Wow. You're like "Oh you know, just -13. Another normal Canadian day" haha
I'm freezing and its like 30ish!

Okay so last weekend we had an inch or two of ice, followed by heavy snow for three days. Then it was 50-60 and sunny this week and that all melted. I work outside and i had a t-shirt on.
And now today its freezing and more ice forecasted tomorrow. Missouri is crazy.

Heat wave here! Mid 30s (Fahrenheit) when I left for work today. Possible rain later today.

Yeah I remeber growing up in Arizona when I went off to college out of state and daylight savings time happened it was hilarious. People were like 'How do you not have any daylight savings time what do you do?' I told them 'Well the sun still goes up and goes down everyday.' Welcome to the desert :tumbleweed:

Back