All season tire recommendation?

m0us3c0p

I'm due for tires on my '12 Si. When I bought it it had these Pirelli Cinturato P7s on it, and I never cared for them. Noisy, rough ride, etc. I originally wanted to get Michelin Defenders, but I can't find them in my size (215 45r17 I think is what is on it now). Can I go up a size at all on the factory wheels? Will it screw up the TPMS? I'm going to have a dealer do it because I want new sensors anyway, but I don't know what model tire would be a good fit for me.

Are you looking for performance oriented all season tires or something plush like a grand touring tire?

You probably can get away with something like a 225/45R17 if those are available. That’s about half an inch wider and a bit taller (0.4” - same sidewall aspect ratio) and about 1.5% bigger circumference. If you want bigger side walls for smoother ride, the 205/50R17 is going to be equivalent in size (25” diameter to the 225/45 - half inch bigger than stock)
except be narrower with a slightly larger aspect ratio (taller side wall).

I have the Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ but those are definitely tilted towards performance and aren’t the most supple when driving. They’re more quiet than the summer tires but still produce road noise.

Are you looking for performance oriented all season tires or something plush like a grand touring tire?

You probably can get away with something like a 225/45R17 if those are available. That’s about half an inch wider and a bit taller (0.4” - same sidewall aspect ratio) and about 1.5% bigger circumference. If you want bigger side walls for smoother ride, the 205/50R17 is going to be equivalent in size (25” diameter to the 225/45 - half inch bigger than stock)
except be narrower with a slightly larger aspect ratio (taller side wall).

I have the Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ but those are definitely tilted towards performance and aren’t the most supple when driving. They’re more quiet than the summer tires but still produce road noise.
I'm not necessarily looking for something all that performance focused. I'd rather have a more comfortable ride. I know the short sidewalls and such have a lot to do with that. Is there a big difference between the Primacy A/S and the Pilot A/S?

Back