Amber Removal

Modifier
Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey everyone, I want to remove the amber reflectors from my headlights (like i've seen others do) but before i dive into it, i wanted to make sure i'm doing it right.

Do i just take out the headlights, open them up, and take the reflector out? Is it that simple?

Or what am i missing?

Maybe a DIY from someone who's done it? (hint hint)

Thanks all

"Baking".. or heating them with a heat gun makes the adhesive loosen up a lot. It just makes pulling the headlight unit apart much easier. I know @customlightz has had the 9th headlight apart. Might be worth an email or call.

www.Customlightz.com

it's not easy.... engine swap is more difficult, if it's your first time, you probably gonna destroy your stock headlights. you can salvage it, but, it's gonna look like crap.

if you really want to do it yourself, go classified section & buy a set of used headlights from adexternal & try it on that set before you destroy your $600 stock headlights

I also want to remove the amber. I really don't like it at all and don't think it matches with my black car. I was thinking of just vht night shading it but I think this looks way better. Sooo can this be done??

:think: hmm that just sounds like a 50/50 chance of wrong or right ....it goes wrong 600 to replace ...it goes right then ok cool but i had a couple of friends do the retro thing and now because they dont seal right the headlights get filled with condensation when moister goes up and they look like crizzap ...
so its just up to the person doing it i guess but id rather just order the dubai ones and call it a day and if the car gets sold give them the option of which lights the buyer wants and sell the other set ...all painless .

About $200-250 to replace, more and more 9th gen got UAE projectors so used stocks are very common..

Retrofit, bring it to the professional. Even professionals can't always guarantee 100% sealed headlights, at least when the lights is filled with condensation, u can bring it back for warranty.

The link works for me. It's in our DIY section under lighting. I just thought I would link it for people who read this thread.

I've done plenty of retrofits with projectors. Baking them is the easiest way to go. If you have an anal wife a hair dryer works well but takes more time and you have to be very careful but if she bitches that you are using her hair drying to go Harbor Freight and pick up a heat gun lol.

You should also take note that some of the tabs on these headlights are pretty fragile. I'm ordering an extra set of 2012 headlights to do a retrofit and will be making a DIY thread through the whole process. The wife and newborn are going to be gone for a whole month visiting with both sets of grandparents so I'll have plenty of free time to order parts, build stuff, and make a build thread.

Back