Photos Animated GIF Thread

e77YcB5.gif

I guess if you're willing to sell your soul/dignity/ethics, you too could have that mush cash! Personally, I'd rather be poor and not hate myself. :corndance:

I don't think she has sold those. She is only emulating our culture.
She is a wicked smart to have done what she did. We will always be talking about her now. If she didn't make those bold marketing moves she probably would have become unheard of like Tiffany, S Club 7, Sinead O'Conner, Ashley Tisdale, and the list goes on and on. Madonna, Britnney Spears,Lady Gaga, and many other big female stars know that sex and controversy sell.
Well played Miley, well played.

I don't know, do you really think that outfit she wore during her 'twerking' show was something she wanted to wear? Also, I'm not sure singing in front of a crying kitten was really in her plan when she got into this business in the start. I guess if you just look at it from a marketing standpoint, yes she's been successful, which is fine if that's what you're aiming for. I guess when I look at 'success' though, don't necessarily consider what's in my bank account as the basis for that. Yes, we're talking about her, but I'm not about to watch any videos with her in them, or buy any of her music because of that, which isn't going to make her any money.

Yes, wearing that outfit was a business decision and yes, she's an artist and artists like to do all kinds of weird stuff. What she has done is the norm when compared to what her predessors have done.

........Ostensibly, she is in full control of her provocative material, and appears to be using it to gain as much media coverage as possible. In doing so, Miley is distancing herself from her previous role as the innocent, squeaky-clean Hannah Montana, thus proving herself as an adult in an overt, extreme way. But Miley’s attempts to ‘own’ her body and demonstrate her adulthood have been strongly criticised. While other female stars such as Rihanna and Britney are similarly provocative without comment, Miley’s overt determination to be outrageous comes across as obnoxious. But crucially, there’s also something more sinister at work here: the virgin-whore complex that is still used to make reductive, damaging judgements about women........

From....http://www.studentnewspaper.org/blog/2013/10/18/criticise-music-industry-not-miley/

Back