Anyone tried the K&N Drop-in filter?

the injen has a filter at the end of the intake pipe. You'd be removing the stock airbox to install the injen, or other aftermarket intake. The blue part is the filter, which is essentially replacing the K&N
eN7Tu.jpg

I just installed the K&N drop in. I've had it in different cars and I really didn't notice much in performance gains. We'll see if the Si is any louder. That would be worth it if nothing else. ;)

I just put mine in today. I wasn't expecting much but was very pleased. Deeper and slightly louder intake noise. It seems noticibly quicker and more powerful. It might be in part due to the fact that im at 6000 ft elevation so the car is starving for air so a more free flowing filter makes a big difference. Very happy. Now I just need to make it another couple days for my cat back to come in.

I put one in all my cars,my04 gained about 3 mpg,my si got a little more throaty sounding,not sure about mpg because I bought it on my way home from the dealership day one about 10 miles into the drive home.but I noticed a noisier sound,really like it.

I just install the filter in and I don't really hear a deeper sound, maybe cause I delete my resonator and I'm use to it? And do I have to reset the ecu after the install?

Yes, I have it with a p2r spacer, p2r res delete, and a hps intake tube it is a nice improvement

I have been contemplating the HPS intake tube. How do you like it? Did you add it after the drop in filter?

I did the all at the same time, it fits great, was easy to put in and I noticed an improvement.

Back