Arcade Enthusiasts?

Honda-Fan

Dallas, Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Coupe
Hi! I was wondering if there were any members of the old school among the gaming-inclined on the forums? I have an SDF Macross (Orig. Atari Centipede) machine that I rebuilt so that I can keep my Bullet-Hell skills sharp. :)

Does anyone else have or primarily play machines?
f3ef4500aae7790943f3bbed13fef192.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I don't own any but there are 2 or 3 arcade bars in Charlotte. One of them is just a $1 for lifetime membership and then just just feed the machine quarters and pay for your beers, lol. They have cup holders all over the place.

They also have a section with a couch and an old school tv that you can play SNES and Sega genesis.

I have a buddy who's restored quite a few. I believe he has like 15 or something now (working) in his unfinished basement. He's hoping to build a man-cave downstairs to store them all.

@Nomar06 Awesome! We have something called Barcade here in DFW which is similar-- although I don't think they have a retro console sofa :(.

@webby 15 Machines? Holy moly! That's amazing-- he could start his own arcade! I just have this one, and two other games that need cabinets. I will admit-- it's a slippery slope once you get started, hahaha.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I grew up stealing quarters from my brother to play ssf2 and old marvel v capcom at the local 7/11. We have joysticks compatible with every system here so once a month we try to bust out some marvel v capcom 2 nights. Huge fighting game fan but only time I really play arcade machines is at the local drinking arcade and that's rare. Wish I had the room/money for a legit sf2 unit.

I actually just acquired another Arcade machine today for essentially free. Turns out my uncle had a friend who needed to free up some storage space in a container, and had an Old Nintendo Cab sitting in the back. I've had a working board for Soul Edge (OG Soul Caliber) for... a few months? Looks like I'm on my way to having 15 of these things, too. NOW I UNDERSTAND HOW THIS HAPPENS.

@ron v I'm a big Fighting game fan, too. My favorite is SFA3, my favorite character is Karin. Who do you main as in SF2?
@webby Awesome! Please do. :D
@Nomar06 Nice place! I wonder how many other states have places like this? I know here in DFW arcade stuff has turned back up because of the Video Game Museum in Frisco. I really wish they'd come back to where they were in popularity in the previous century ( Well, in the USA, at least).

I actually just acquired another Arcade machine today for essentially free. Turns out my uncle had a friend who needed to free up some storage space in a container, and had an Old Nintendo Cab sitting in the back. I've had a working board for Soul Edge (OG Soul Caliber) for... a few months? Looks like I'm on my way to having 15 of these things, too. NOW I UNDERSTAND HOW THIS HAPPENS.

@ron v I'm a big Fighting game fan, too. My favorite is SFA3, my favorite character is Karin. Who do you main as in SF2?
@webby Awesome! Please do. :D
@Nomar06 Nice place! I wonder how many other states have places like this? I know here in DFW arcade stuff has turned back up because of the Video Game Museum in Frisco. I really wish they'd come back to where they were in popularity in the previous century ( Well, in the USA, at least).

Bison, Ryu,Blanka

There is another arcade bar in Uptown Charlotte too.....this one has food, air hockey and skeet ball machines too.

Is it okay to dig up an old thread if it's mine? :oops:

I've had this for about a year now -- I call it the Time Bomb because of how it looks. It's a re-purposed Firecore in a little project box. I broke the hinges and casing for the original thing (dropped it), so instead of scrapping it, I attached the essential items to play it and arranged them in handheld friendly locations.

This thing's heavy, but comes in handy for those garage sales where they haven't tested anything. It plays Sega Genesis and Mega Drive carts. I don't take it anywhere because it really does look like an explosive.

IMG_20191216_212134.jpg

I'd say it's definitely different than someone resurrecting a thread about what coilovers should I buy from 2014. :rotfl:

Back