Are these suitable running/fog light replacements?

Those won't work since they are 9006 and that would be our low-beams.
Get 9005 DRL's, they have some kits in e-bay that come with the decoder for around $40-50, i'll try to get a link for ya

Thanks so much guys. That helped a lot. Although I do live in a place with an abundance of lifted trucks so the brights are used quite often. Did that stronger fuse help from blow'n it when you hit em? And if not, would the right type of HID kit provide sufficient energy supply?

Thanks so much guys. That helped a lot. Although I do live in a place with an abundance of lifted trucks so the brights are used quite often. Did that stronger fuse help from blow'n it when you hit em? And if not, would the right type of HID kit provide sufficient energy supply?
Yea, the stronger fuse eliminated the problem, but honestly the hi-beams do nothing.

Are you looking for night driving lights, or daytime driving lights?

if you want to retain the use of your high beams...do not get LED lights for your daytime running lights. The link you posted will swap out your low beams, and they'll be HID. Your high beams/DRL will remain stock.

I find it annoying that the DRL bulb is shared with the high beams. I wonder why the low and high beams can't share the same bulb and the DRL be independent.

SiEnthusiast I'm really just looking for the proper way to do HIDs. I've read through the threads I just don't understand how it all works together properly

9006 is your low beam bulb. You can get a hid kit just for that. It will not change your high beams/daytime running lights. If you want a "whiter" looking daytime running light, you can buy halogen replacement bulbs 9005. That will make your high beams and daytime lights "look" like hid.
Something like this
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00480J4UK

If you don't care about your highs/drl...all you need is the 9006 hid kit.

Back