Armstrong Steering, uuugh

Intrepid

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si HFP
I had a appointment yesterday morning, drove downtown and went in for my appointment came out and got in my car started it and Voila! No Power Steering, the little steering wheel with the exclamation mark was light up on the dash and then the Imid display wanted to join the party so it came on and told me the power steering system needs service

So i should mention that this is in my 2012 Civic Si coupe, 67950 kms , Apparently what happened is EPS power relay valve stuck in the closed position which in turn gave me no power steering, unfortunately the EPS power relay valve is in the EPS control unit which means that the whole control unit needs to be replaced, which is on back order until march 7th 2018.
two good things happened though , one the power steering started to work on the way to the dealership and two this is all covered under warranty which is a good thing since the EPS control module is approx $500 and will require about and hour to replace

That's pretty wild. Good that it started to work, even better that it's covered under warranty!

How’d you get that done under warranty? Or you bought an extended warranty?

Back