Auto A/C in Si...possible?

Hey y'all. So I guess there's 3-4 part numbers associated with the auto ac unit. I tried putting an EX type unit in my 15 Si and as everyone experienced; no control, just looks nice. I ordered an Si Canadian variant (yay celsius) to see if it will work. Once I try it I'll post my findings. If it doesn't work I'll be ordering one from the Hybrid model. I ain't giving up yet!

Interested in your results.

Although, from experience in the Mitsubishi 3000GT/Dodge Stealth community, shifting from manual A/C controls to a Digital Climate Control requires quite a bit of equipment (display, brain, solenoid controlled valves, sensors, harness, etc.). I have never looked at the Civic's systems that closely; but, I'd venture to say that might be part of the reason the Civic's DCC system is not responding to user inputs (the valves don't receive the proper voltage to respond or aren't connected, the harness outputs are different, there is a processing component missing, etc.). Anyhow, I'm just guessing based on 20yr older technology so this could all be completely irrelevant; but, that is the angle I would start looking at if/when I pursue this myself.

Back