• A large amount of updates and changes have been implemented. Users who have been using tapaptalk will need to access the site in their phone browser. You should see a big difference between the desktop/tablet/phone styles to make navigation and site options easier to use. If you come across any strange behavior, or errors, please report them in this thread. If you have any issues logging into the site, please delete all 9thcivic cookies and then log into the site. https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/site-changes.16518/

Baffled Catch Can

kasper04

Clarksville, IN
Vehicle Model
Mazdaspeed 6
Body Style
Tank

Question: Can you mount that oil catch can to the tailpipe?
Has anyone tested an evac system in the Si? Most 4 cylinder motors don't generate enough exhaust flow to generate a negative vacuum strong enough to evacuate the crankcase gases effectively.

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
Any more takers on this? I think I can get more votes cast. I think @bootyluvr wants another high quality mishimoto product!!

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
I just saw the price. :omg:

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Yeah, overpriced.

I got a Saikou Michi catch can for the G35 on order, it's basically 1/2 the size of the mishimoto with the same internal design for 1/4 the price.
I may have to get a catch can for my car. The PCV valve likes to put back motor oil in the intake manifold.

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
http://www.saikoumichi.com/

Can't beat them for the price, SM makes smaller sized baffled cans that are perfect for the smaller PCV hoses on newer cars.
It looks like a high quality product. The smallest one should be good enough for a 2.0L engine. I'll put it on my wishlist. Thanks.