best functional daily drive wheel tire and drop combo

The HFP will fit both the coupe and sedan. The Konig Hypergram is also another choice for an affordable lightweight performance wheel. It also has a similar design as the RPF1.
kon-hypergram-grey__94815.1461370907.1280.1280.png

I have Swift Spec R springs on my car, honestly they are the only real choice of spring if you want performance, that being said they are stiff and it is noticeable when driving. No one has ever complained in my car but rough pavement is definitely transmitted to the cabin more, but they do not bounce like all the progressive lowering springs. However, they are a huge handling upgrade, paired with a RSB (22mm progress is best for street) and some front camber bolts to get a bit of negative camber up there, the car is transformed into a handling dream, just careful not to overcook it in corners as you are tuning out the safer factory under steer. You'll notice tires the most, followed by this stuff, honestly if you are happy with the look of the stock wheels, skip changing them for now. Tires should be your first change, and if you do the suspension stuff combined with a RSB and front camber bolts, you will be more than happy.

What kind of off set is best? ... I found some gunmetal rpf1s with 45mm offset... with those work?

depends on the width, but +45 is the stock offset so wouldn't be an issue, a lower offset will push them out a bit more, +35 is pretty popular on here for RPF1's

The HFP will fit both the coupe and sedan. The Konig Hypergram is also another choice for an affordable lightweight performance wheel. It also has a similar design as the RPF1.
View attachment 56399

I just bought a set of these (thanks for totally putting me on to them) off Autoanything, with a 20% welcome code they came to $550, what an absolute steal!

Hi guys,new user but did a lot of reading thru all kind of threads and since I own a 2014 civic....hybrid specifically,why not join this forum,especially since this one is tire rack sponsored :D
I'm only chiming in because to me weight is what I wanna save,so reading your posts on rims and tires may open my mind and horizons too.
So,quick questions to who ever wants to jump in:
If performance is what you seek why not go light with 16" Kosei K4R,12.4lbs each as per tire rack and stick on some conti extreme sport contacts? Its gonna be light and sticky.
Yah it might not look as cool as the 17" or 18" but the sheer weight is worth considering,if you're seeking performance over looks.
For myself,in getting the aforementioned rims because they weigh around 3-4lbs less than my stock 15" rims,so I'm upsizing,but then again my little engine that could is made for fuel economy not performance.
For me it's upsizing but still shaving weight,but with lrr tires so no mind numbing lateral G's for me,energy savers will do just fine :)
Anyway,point is,if performance is what you really seek,shouldn't one consider all options? Even if it's downsizing? Function over looks?

Hi guys,new user but did a lot of reading thru all kind of threads and since I own a 2014 civic....hybrid specifically,why not join this forum,especially since this one is tire rack sponsored :D
I'm only chiming in because to me weight is what I wanna save,so reading your posts on rims and tires may open my mind and horizons too.
So,quick questions to who ever wants to jump in:
If performance is what you seek why not go light with 16" Kosei K4R,12.4lbs each as per tire rack and stick on some conti extreme sport contacts? Its gonna be light and sticky.
Yah it might not look as cool as the 17" or 18" but the sheer weight is worth considering,if you're seeking performance over looks.
For myself,in getting the aforementioned rims because they weigh around 3-4lbs less than my stock 15" rims,so I'm upsizing,but then again my little engine that could is made for fuel economy not performance.
For me it's upsizing but still shaving weight,but with lrr tires so no mind numbing lateral G's for me,energy savers will do just fine :)
Anyway,point is,if performance is what you really seek,shouldn't one consider all options? Even if it's downsizing? Function over looks?

Tire selection for 16 is not as good as 17.

Well I've seen the conti extreme contact sport comes in 225/50/16 at 22lbs.
Sorry, I only name the conti's because I've had them previously on my Z3,which i sold, in the exact same size and I loved them!
Not loud,comfy,good wear and lots of grip in dry and esp in wet....car had to go tho,money pit :(
Should've gotten an SI to start with.....

Got myself a set of these oldies!
They may be discontinued but they are light as f**k!
Not bad for an old timer eh?
The wheel? Its a OZ Racing Superleggera,17x8 (15.9lbs) There are more 17x7 (15.2lbs) out there but not many of these.
Offset is 40,so that should be good.
Gonna repaint them in pure white and black lettering,to match my car of course :)
Oh and I put the Kosei ones on my Accord.
Has anyone used Riken Raptor ZR? I've been looking for some budget but great performing summers,and for price and quality 2 are on my mind: Riken Raptor ZR and Sumitomo HTR Z II.
Anyone has any personal experiences with either? Or knows someone who has used them?
Thinking doing 225 or 235 wide,is there any noticeable difference in performance/feel between the 2?

Attachments

• 20170901_194340.jpg
    20170901_194340.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 34
  • 20170901_131703_HDR.jpg
    20170901_131703_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • 20170902_144102.jpg
    20170902_144102.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • 20170902_144110.jpg
    20170902_144110.jpg
    914.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20170902_144141.jpg
    20170902_144141.jpg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20170902_144134.jpg
    20170902_144134.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 30
  • 20170902_144227.jpg
    20170902_144227.jpg
    1,000.6 KB · Views: 26
For a cheap tire I would say to look into the Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum. It's an all season but we have a set on my wifes car that replaced her Falken "high performance" summer tires. They've been great so far and they are only a couple $$ more than the ones you are looking at.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...WR7ELXV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Which car and trim level do you have? If you're in a non-Si coming from 16" wheels to 17" wheels you should be shopping a 225/45/17 tire size. It will keep your speedo and mileage accurate.

Cheap "performance" tires do nothing well. The Riken and the HTR Z both have poor tread patterns for rain. Unless you live where it never rains I would point you towards the Kumho. We've run them in some serious rain and they've been fine. Not as good as an $800 set of Michelins but fine for the price. Driving in normal conditions they have been very decent. They handle well and I don't think they have any less grip than the Falkens and they are quiet enough and comfortable.

For a cheap tire I would say to look into the Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum. It's an all season but we have a set on my wifes car that replaced her Falken "high performance" summer tires. They've been great so far and they are only a couple $$ more than the ones you are looking at.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...WR7ELXV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Which car and trim level do you have? If you're in a non-Si coming from 16" wheels to 17" wheels you should be shopping a 225/45/17 tire size. It will keep your speedo and mileage accurate.

Cheap "performance" tires do nothing well. The Riken and the HTR Z both have poor tread patterns for rain. Unless you live where it never rains I would point you towards the Kumho. We've run them in some serious rain and they've been fine. Not as good as an $800 set of Michelins but fine for the price. Driving in normal conditions they have been very decent. They handle well and I don't think they have any less grip than the Falkens and they are quiet enough and comfortable.

Yeah I'm coming from a non-si, have 2 Hondas,one '14 civic hybrid (that I gave to my mom) and one '17 Accord hybrid.
The civic has the stock 15" rims still,but I want to improve on the look,make it look not so "hybrid" lol
I am going to repaint the rims as noted in my previous post,but I don't know which rim to put on which car....
I'll probably put the Kosei 16" on the civic and put the Superleggera 17" on my Accord.
I do enjoy spirited driving but I do love saving at the pump too!
I've came across this Falken Ziex ZE914 EcoRun.
Supposed to be a summer performance tire BUT with lrr capabilities.
And yes,I've read the reviews for the Riken and Sumitomo but wasn't sure if they perform what they cost! Meaning,not so good :(
I am in Toronto,Canada,and rain is pretty consisted,so I'll be driving in the rain city/hwy quite often.

Right now would be a good time to buy. There are plenty of tires on closeout, so you can get a deal if you're looking for a new setup. I believe the Kumho LE Sports are on closeout right now and have a pretty decent discount. Advan AD08R are on closeout too ;)

Take it from a guy who's been there and done that

Best Value Suspension for daily driver: HFP Suspension (dampers and springs)
Best Value Rims for Looks: Enkei RPF1
Best Value Tires for performance: Hankook Ventus

With that combination I guarantee you'll be happy with how your car looks and feels without the price.

What wheel and tire size would you recommend on HFP suspension?

Back