Best NA route for FB6

mazda_lexus

Okay guys, it’s been a while since I’ve been on here but I’ve decided against FI on my car and stick to FBO for best reliability. As much as I hate it here in Cali I’m stuck to it for now. I’ve read threads saying the best Hondas are the ones with best handling and not the highest HP. What are y’alls thoughts on what is the best steps for having a fun car. In terms of where should I start for the best bang for your buck stuff to start? Tax season is coming and the wife is gonna let me get some stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard from quite a few people on here the rear sway bar from progress is a great bang for your buck mod. I don't have one myself, but @FooBird just installed one on his ride. Also a good set of brake pads (if you have a brand you prefer) is a good option. How much will you be able to play with?

Best hp/tq gains for the $ - downpipe with flashpro/tune. Most other aftermarket mods yield very little power. Progress rear sway (upgraded rear sway bar) for improved driving fun.

Good tires are excellent. I have Michelin Pilot Super Sports for the summer (now Pilot Sport 4S). Those are great and will get your handling improved over what you get out of the stock tires.

The sway bar will flatten out your ride in the corners. Like @bauer311 said, I just put the sway bar on. I don't have it paired with the good tires and it's been rainy/snowy so I haven't been able to clock a corner yet. Feels flatter. As for faster, I don't know. Fun? Absolutely. End links are a possibility with the new sway bar, too. I know a guy on the other forum who snapped an end link after he put on his 22mm bar and ripped through a corner.

Good brakes are key if you end up driving hard into corners. The stock brakes are great but you'll want to make sure to have lots of pad material on there. I just dropped a StopTech slotted rotor/sport pad/SS lines kit under the car too. Makes braking easier.

@Bruce Bartlow is down in Sacramento area. He's got a downpipe and exhaust if I remember right. He might have some pointers how to avoid those pesky smog shop hassles.

Good tires are excellent. I have Michelin Pilot Super Sports for the summer (now Pilot Sport 4S). Those are great and will get your handling improved over what you get out of the stock tires.

The sway bar will flatten out your ride in the corners. Like @bauer311 said, I just put the sway bar on. I don't have it paired with the good tires and it's been rainy/snowy so I haven't been able to clock a corner yet. Feels flatter. As for faster, I don't know. Fun? Absolutely. End links are a possibility with the new sway bar, too. I know a guy on the other forum who snapped an end link after he put on his 22mm bar and ripped through a corner.

Good brakes are key if you end up driving hard into corners. The stock brakes are great but you'll want to make sure to have lots of pad material on there. I just dropped a StopTech slotted rotor/sport pad/SS lines kit under the car too. Makes braking easier.

@Bruce Bartlow is down in Sacramento area. He's got a downpipe and exhaust if I remember right. He might have some pointers how to avoid those pesky smog shop hassles.

I’m actually up in Sac right now lmaooo. But okay thanks for the input guys, I want a reliable fun and faster car! I’m not sure how much I can play with but a sway bar could be a good start too

Im pretty happy with my setup. That is before e85. I’ll let u know how that is once vits done doing his thing.

Im pretty happy with my setup. That is before e85. I’ll let u know how that is once vits done doing his thing.

Sweet lol do you have an IG? I keep wanting to see more of your car

Back