Best way to remove the JDM emblem

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
I admitted that I don't like the black JDM emblem on the rear and like the red more now. The red JDM emblem is growing on me everyday. So I just ordered a set of the red one for the front and rear this weekend.

How can I remove the rear one without breaking it? It's stick so hard now. I don't want to hurt the paint nor do I want to break this emblem. I want to keep it just in case if I want to change my mind again.

Thanks,

Tak

Heat it up a bit with a heat gun and thread some dental floss between the paint and the emblem.

Heat it up a bit with a heat gun and thread some dental floss between the paint and the emblem.
I can't run the electric line outside my house. The outlet is busted. So no heat gun.......til the summer when I got $$$ to get an electrician........
How easy can I remove the emblem with the dental floss ONLY?

You can try, but the heat is used to soften the 3m rear adhesive.

Reactions: Tak
If you cant use heat then I'd try with just the dental floss. Make sure you have some goo gone or other similar product to help remove any remaining adhesive before you put the new emblem on.

If the weather is warm out, park the car in a manner to were the emblem gets direct sunlight. It will help soften up the 3M tape(after a few hours), but not as good as a heat gun.

Maybe try buying an adapter for your car that plugs into the cigarette lighter for the heat gun?

Get a long extension cord. The adhesive on those things is pretty strong. Don't want to pull of a large piece of paint. That would suck.

Maybe try buying an adapter for your car that plugs into the cigarette lighter for the heat gun?

Unless you use an inverter or have a special heat gun - Don't try this at home - you'll blow the fuse and smoke the gun. Car is 12vdc heat gun is 120vac - serious smoke. Most heat guns are 1200W which is 100 amps at 12 volts = BIG FUSE!

I posted this in another thread related to tree sap... but for when you are down to removing residue this stuff is quite amazing! May try it to agitate the initial stages in the emblem removal as well... might just work in combination with dental floss/fishing line :wigglesmiley:
51860.jpg

Back