Best Window Tint Percentage.

LouieV

Long Island, NY
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Looking to get my windows tinted this weekend guys and I was just wondering what percentage you think is the best. I'm thinking about doing 35% maybe a little lower but what are your thoughts thanks!

I think 35% is the most practical while still looking good. Usually most cops won't bother you for a 35% tint. 20% is the darkest I'd ever go though. That's when the cops start to be ***** about it usually.

You from the Philly area? Regardless, find out what the legal % is where you live and go from there. Some areas are way more strict than others. If you're ok with getting anything...I'd go somewhere around 20.

I live in New York not sure what legal tint % is but like siracegrl said 35% is prob the safest

35% is safe, that's what I have and it looks good, helps in blocking sun out and the cops don't mess with you... Been pulled over once since I got the car tinted like 3 years ago...

looks like ny law is 70%, which is basically not even tinted.

tint70.jpg

I haven't done mine on the Civic yet but I plan on 35 on the front doors and 20 on the back doors & rear window. In MI, you're not supposed to have any in the front but I had my last three vehicles done this way with very few problems.

Hmm I have 5% on my two front with 28% on the Rear and I've never had any issues what so ever in the state of Florida for my tints.
5449921848_dc18098c1e_b.jpg

5450872997_d6e521473d_b.jpg

5450872843_5005c1efb9_b.jpg

Photos compliment of Ross (ILDS Founder)

that your r18? - guess I've never seen shots of your car

I wish I got 20% on mine because after time it won't stay 35%... It gets lighter :(

I got 20% all round and I love it.. Looks great and have had no issue as of yet. Make sure you check your state as others have said.

I would go with 20%. I have 5% on my rear side windows and un-tinted front side/rear window. I was thinking about putting 5% on the rear window (which is a pretty easy diy since the window is small and flat), but the 5% seems too dark for night time driving.

but the 5% seems too dark for night time driving.

The hardest part is backing up at night with 5%. It can seem dark with my 20%, I would not want to try with 5% unless i had a back-up cam or proximity sensor lol

Yeah. Or very bright reverse lights. Lol.

Got mine done earlier this week. I changed my mind and decided to go 17% (basically 20%) on all but the windshield. I am much happier now that I don't feel like I'm driving around in a fish bowl.

Back