BEWARE: Mugen Carbon fiber 6-speed shift knob

your installing a pitchers mound right ? i always wanted one of those in my back yard lol :dopey:
to throw baseballs at my neighbors all around has been my dream for a while ..

Last edited:
I have a question.....

If the CF layer is just stuck onto a normal shift ball, could you not make a small slit and insert some epoxy to adhere the outer skin back onto the ball? Try and slip it in from the bottom and work it up to the top so you wouldn't have a mark/slit anywhere visible or where you could feel it?

I mean if you really like the knob and all.

I just used a "replica" JDM emblem and since the fit was off quite a bit I epoxied it in place to hold it. I covered it with an overlay so you can't see the defects anymore.

It could just be a design flaw from Mugen. The layer delaminates from the core.

Last edited:
i showed Skrub mine.. i quite litterally put as much force as i could tightening my knob with no issues... maybe some are loose? maybe car gets super hot inside and then you tighten? idk

you can always pour epoxy in the bottom and twist it around and keep it glued again.

And yeah Nix :( the entire shift knob is clear-coated, so there are no grooves :/

Reactions: 323
It's all good AP no need to start an argument over something neither of us are at fault of. There's really no way to fix it though, it definitely is a great looking knob. But it gets annoying that it spins freely and when you look at it the mugen logo and shift pattern is all discombobulated. Hahah

becarful that it dosent slip off your hand if it ever turns bro it can cause a nasty miss shift ..

My sons would be okay with Si stickers.... they keep asking my why I didn't I buy an Si? I sigh and reply...Go ask your mother. (Can't drive a manual).

Mmmhmmm. The wife can't drive a standard he says. I seem to remember an almost incident when he took mine for a run. All I'll say is thank God the car won't start when the clutch isn't engaged.

Mmmhmmm. The wife can't drive a standard he says. I seem to remember an almost incident when he took mine for a run. All I'll say is thank God the car won't start when the clutch isn't engaged.
:giggle: Ha ha ha....I was hoping you would forget that. My last shift was'nt my best ever either.....had your car in the red and then pressed the clutch.......RRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Racecar! :D

hahahahaha! Well you can still learn paulyyy :D

Maybe i'll come teach you :D

Not me!....wifey. I tried my best to teach her, but she kept pushing in the clutch to start it up and would shift at reasonable RPMs.....had to give up on her.

Back