Bikes!!!! (MTB, Road, etc... just no motors)

I have a chest mount that I got with it. I'll try that out next time. I also looked up some settings and made some changes. I just discovered superview.

The quality of the video wasn't very good once I got going faster I noticed.
4k60 should provide good video since you’re in motion. I don’t know how it looks out of camera versus youtube’s compression algorithm, but I’d wager the camera footage looks significantly higher in quality. I’ve played videos back to back on a 4k tv directly from a drone versus the same drone footage uploaded to YouTube, and it looses a lot of sharpness. You could try plugging the GoPro in directly to a tv to compare for yourself.

If you do the chest mount, take note of how you’d normally be sitting/standing to help get the camera angle decent. I know your chest can be leaning forward a lot (potentially) on a bike, but that also helps a little if you’re going down a steep trail. It takes a little bit of trial and error to see what works best.

4k60 should provide good video since you’re in motion. I don’t know how it looks out of camera versus youtube’s compression algorithm, but I’d wager the camera footage looks significantly higher in quality. I’ve played videos back to back on a 4k tv directly from a drone versus the same drone footage uploaded to YouTube, and it looses a lot of sharpness. You could try plugging the GoPro in directly to a tv to compare for yourself.

If you do the chest mount, take note of how you’d normally be sitting/standing to help get the camera angle decent. I know your chest can be leaning forward a lot (potentially) on a bike, but that also helps a little if you’re going down a steep trail. It takes a little bit of trial and error to see what works best.
I'll try next time. I think I deleted the video on the gopro already.

1713984432719.png

looks like they're doing cameras on the chin part of the helmet (at least in the one vid I just looked at)

Back