Blown strut?

hwasa

Long Beach, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I'm very embarrassed about it, but the other day when parallel parking downtown I hit a curb pretty hard in my Si. Since then, the driver's side front wheel (point of impact) has been lower than the rest of the car and my si has been driving weird. It feels very sloppy when turning and does not seem as stable as it used to. I also think it may have trouble getting power to the ground now because it seems like acceleration is slower and more gas is needed to start the car from a stop. However, I'm not sure if the last bit is just in my head. My wheels seem to still be in alignment. Do you think I might have blown my strut or something? I'm taking it in to the dealer on Saturday morning but I wanted to hear 9th's opinion. Thanks!

Low tire pressure maybe? How fast were you going when you hit the curb?

Go to your local Firestone or good reputable tire shop. They will tell you if you need a new strut or what's wrong with it.

Picture could help too

Kind of fast to be honest. I jumped the curb. Tire seemed fine I don't have picture.

the driver's side front wheel (point of impact) has been lower than the rest of the car
like the gap between the tire and fender is lower than the rest of the gaps?

Could be a lot of things. Broken spring, broken spring perch. Top hat. Bent control arms. Bent hub assembly. Broken wheel bearing. Best thing to do is take the wheel off and inspect. If your not the diy type I'd take it to a shop.

Thanks for the video I'll check it out later. I went to the dealer today and it turns out all 4 of my wheels were out of alignment. No damage thankfully.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    963 KB · Views: 17
They really aren't out of alignment for what you're describing. A couple are on the limit to oem spec, but are still within the range.

One is .01 out, and one is .03 out of oem toe spec. People drive on lowered cars wayyyy worse than your alignment.

Maybe it's the toe difference of the front wheels? Not too sure I don't know much about suspension yet.

Back