blue ambient lighting question

Thomas Dye

Jacksonville, FL
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
Sedan
why in the hell are my lights redish? I double checked my order from college hills honda and it says blue ambient lighting kit. did i do something wrong? or is this always a problem? please help!

Can you post a good enough photo to show it? Maybe someone else, who also has them, can then comment.

Yes, photos please. If you have a picture of the part numbers on the packages you received from CHH, that would help also.

Have you installed them? My red lights had blue covers on them; which is normal for the red.

^ what they've all said. Also, if there was a mixup with your order, do not fear. You'll be taken care of.

My lights have a complete blue cover. No clear one like the install video. Also, the lights seem very dim...... Is that normal? I'll post a photo tomorrow.

they are very dim. Most users have drilled the covers out so more light passes through. It's written up in a couple threads/diy's.

08E10-TR0-100A = Red Ambient Kit

Here's what the red LEDs look like. Red housing with blue lens:

6793132634_06924a63b3.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
08E10-TR0-100B = Blue Ambient Kit

Here's what the blue LEDs look like. Blue housing with clear lens:

7-21-2012 8-42-27 AM.png

They're mailing me the replacement, the did indeed send me the wrong color. Has anybody tried drilling the blue lights to let more light in? If so, how much better was it?

light-jpg.2050

blue ones ^

I haven't really seen anyone comment about drilling the cover on these. I guess all of the installs have been users who drilled the red ones.

Hahahaha. I guess I'm the only one who doesn't want red? I'll post pictures before and after when my blue lights come in.

well, the red matches the Si interior better maybe... with the red gauges and stuff.

I'm considering getting the blue for my wife's Ody. I'll be interested to see how they look. The cover appears to be translucent, so they probably let out more light.​

They're mailing me the replacement, the did indeed send me the wrong color. Has anybody tried drilling the blue lights to let more light in? If so, how much better was it?
You can pull the cover off and plug a light in to see the brightness. It's easy to get to light behind the glovebox once installed.

Back