Bluetooth HandsFreeLink issues?

I tired a few more things today but after updating to ios 7.1 The car no longer displays or reads text messages through the handsfreelink. The phone and music functionality is still normal.

I'll post on the Apple forums to see if anyone there has had or resolved the issue.

Thanks @Wytwolf It's good to know that someone else was able to get it to work. . If anyone updated with an iPhone 5S, it would help determine if it's a platform issue, or something specific to my car/phone.

I figured it out. I may look a bit dumb with the problem/solution but here goes.....

Apparently when you have the message app open on your phone and you receive a text, it does not display on the car's system. If you close the message app and a new message comes in, it displays on the car as it should. Of course when I was troubleshooting, I had the app open the whole time. Ugh!

So, to answer the original question, ios 7.1 works exactly the same as the previous version. Handsfreelink still won't let you reply to messages through the system.

iOS 7.1 just came out. Are you using a 7.2 beta? 7.1 works fine on my 2013 LX.

Yeah but Adam Pakula was talking about 7.2 which hasn't been released. It's beta and my have bugs.

Ok. Got it. I didn't realize there was going to be a 7.2. I thought they were going right to iOS 8 after this release.

Anyone having issues with song info over Bluetooth... 2014 ex here. No issues with phone. However when I play music via Bluetooth no song info displays on either the in id or the display audio screen. If i connect via USB the info displays.

Any solutions out there?

Anyone having issues with song info over Bluetooth... 2014 ex here. No issues with phone. However when I play music via Bluetooth no song info displays on either the in id or the display audio screen. If i connect via USB the info displays.

Any solutions out there?

I have a '13 Si and song info displays fine paired with an iPhone 5S using IOS 7.1.

I suggest checking the Handsfreelink http://www.honda.ca/bluetooth site to make sure your setup does what it's supposed to do. They have the different devices listed and what capabilities are compatible.

Back