Super Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
Charlotte-ish, NC
Vehicle Model
Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Body Style
@bootyluvr hates hatches
Yesterday I went to a local nursery and picked this little guy up. I have been doing a bit of research and it will be getting a trim along with some branch training started sometime this week.

Picea/Spruce Bonsai

photobucket-6411-1332730972296.jpg

photobucket-494-1332730985196.jpg

I've always been a fan of bonsai trees. I had one die last year :( I had a few when i was 13 also.
Biohazard has a couple.

This was supposed to be a bonsai project. Not so much anymore :rotfl:

Its fall colors:
jmr.jpg
It's current state...gaining new leaves daily:
jm.jpg

When I originally bought it...that branch was sticking straight out to the right...really long. I've trained it to go upwards lololol took a few months

yes...it's two different kinda...sorta spliced together. The bottom left branch is different from the rest. It's a Redwood Japanese Maple

• Staff
photobucket-12659-1333026155042.jpg

Trimmed and wired up for trainning.

• Staff
I know....I kinda feel bad. Now just have to wait for a long time till it starts filling out again.

Started a little project the other day to "house" the bonsai tree my roomate and I have. I have this random planter thing in the yard that I am converting into a pond/waterfall/land area where the bonsais will stay.

Basically 2 small islands split by water with a small pond/waterfall/fountain. The islands will be have a small bridge connection them. Islands will be covered in moss, if I can get it to grow there. The islands are already shaped and have the pump and hose for the waterfall. The islands will have little areas carved into them so the bonsais will still be able to be in their "trainning pots" and be able to be brought into the house to be worked on when the time comes.

Pictures will be posted once I have some.....

This is what I am starting out with.....after removing 3 bags worth of leaves.....

CIMG3674.jpg

So far.....excuse the crappy pics...

CIMG3675.jpg

CIMG3676.jpg

Went out today and bought the rest of the thing I need but no moss. Prob will buy moss seeds from an online source and go from there.

so will you be putting some type of liner in this for the water? I'm interested to see this progress further. Looking good so far

Yup....got the liner ready to go. Should have most of it completed today if everything works out.

Back