bootyluvr's 2015 WRX Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Today at 1pm I have an appointment at the dealership for the CEL.

Yes, I worded that poorly. I meant it more in the sense of the ones you see crusty pics of online and the recommendation is to redline them to prevent carbon build up. There was a slew of them but I could not remember which engines/manufacturers were having the issue. Hence, the DI engines that were supposed to be thrashed to keep them running properly. I don't know if thats the recommendation with the Subaru but anecdotal evidence from @death_roll suggests healthy whomping keeps the car happy.

If you don't drive hard enough it never blows the crap out and you get crud everywhere in the engine. Same with old Porsches. There was an article saying you could tell how hard the owner drove it if the exhaust was rusty or not. If they didn't take it out and drive it until it was hot enough and didn't drive it hard enough the OEM exhausts trapped a lot of water. If they were gentle with the car the exhaust would rust. If they drove it like they meant it, nothing would be rusty.

carbon.jpg

DSCN3443.jpg

* Replaced oil control valve
* Ordered ECM (should be here mid-week)

i drive the crap out of my 911, probably might have contributed to blowing the cdi box yesterday though

Loaner car??

Negative. They replaced the oil control valve/cleared the CEL while I waited yesterday and ordered the ECM. Said I can drive the car until the part arrives.

So I left the dealership yesterday around 3pm. Drove home (roughly 25 miles) and parked the car. Left for work this morning and drove maybe 2-3 miles and CEL came back on.. :rotfl:

Update: Tomorrow (Friday) I have a 1pm appointment at the dealership to install a new ECM.

Update x2: 4 years ago today I got married. Also my old Subie (Hawkeye) got decorated.... :popcorn:

538134_10151119222859968_1308615261_n.jpg

Update: Tomorrow (Friday) I have a 1pm appointment at the dealership to install a new ECM.

Update x2: 4 years ago today I got married. Also my old Subie (Hawkeye) got decorated.... [emoji14]opcorn:

538134_10151119222859968_1308615261_n.jpg
Happy anniversary man

Congrats. You have plans to go out or anything to celebrate?

Now that you had a blast at the stealership, is the CEL gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back