brockfraze's '12 tw si coupe

Spent some more time with the plastidip this weekend and did my spoiler. I really like how it turned out. And today I got a roll of 3M carbonfiber vinyl and did the silver area on my steering wheel, the door handle pieces and my e-brake handle. Reallllyyy happy with the carbon. Let me know what you think!
swcf.jpgebcf.jpg
dhcf.jpgspoiler4.jpgspoiler1.jpgspoiler2.jpgspoiler3.jpg

Wow that carbon fiber on your steering wheel looks great and matches really well with the OEM CF

Wow, sick job with that CF man! Looks great. I like the wing in black also. Definitely unique. I've started seeing some track/race cars coming with that option and a lot of the BMW's have black carbon wing options.

The plasti will hold up quite well. Have you considered doing the wing in carbon vinyl? You seem to be pretty good at it!

Really nice with the CF. That definitely gives me some ideas since there is already a bunch of it in the interior on the '13s.

I think the spoiler looks awesome black. It seems the possibilities with the plasti-dip are endless.

The bottle in the last shot is a nice touch too.

How difficult was the install of the CF? The steering wheel looks awesome. Would really like to do the same.

The CF on the steering wheel was pretty simple, i just made a few quick measurements of the silver area on the steering wheel and drew a rough copy on paper so I could cut out approximately the right size of CF. I used an exacto knife to cut the edges so there was about 1/4" overlap on either side and then just used a credit card (actually one of the mini ones for your keychain) to push the edges inside. Turned out perfectly and I love it.

Wow, sick job with that CF man! Looks great. I like the wing in black also. Definitely unique. I've started seeing some track/race cars coming with that option and a lot of the BMW's have black carbon wing options.

The plasti will hold up quite well. Have you considered doing the wing in carbon vinyl? You seem to be pretty good at it!

I am thinking of wrapping the roof once I get my windows tinted. I haven't actually thought of wrapping the wing in carbon, but if I do, I would wrap the roof in CF and probably the front lip as well.

Reactions: Nix
The only reason I never did black vinyl on my roof was concerns about heat.

Did you remove the trim panels when wrapping? how difficult are they to remove if so?

Last edited:
Did you remove the trim panels when wrapping? how difficult are they to remove if so?

i only removed the door handle panels and they pop off in about 5 seconds with a butter knife. Just start at the skinny end. the clips are strong and won't break even with some force.

The only reason I never did black vinyl on my roof was concerns about heat.

never thought about that. Does anyone here have any experience with a wrapped roof and seasons; because up here in calgary it's -20 all winter and then 30 degrees in the summer.. drastic changes.

Last edited:
I don't think there would be any issue since the Kia Optima comes with a black roof from the factory now... but again thats paint and not paint under black vinyl. It's probably fine and im just worried about stuff for nothing....

I have the same climate swing here also from -40F in winter to 100F in the summer. (-40C to almost 40C)
My car gets HOT inside as it is....

Back