Buddy club short shifter problems?

full kit comes with transmission springs too
I only went with the shifter assembly and the transmission bushings. Those are a simple install.
The springs would surely make an even bigger difference, but they are a lot more work to install as far as I know.
So far I'm thrilled with just the shifter assembly and bushings so even with just that there's a huge improvement.
I'd be curious to hear what the difference is with my setup and how the sifter feels with the added springs if anyone has tried that.
@acuity?

I'll be doing them the end of this month. Looking at the acuity directions doesn't seem to difficult just time consuming. Just sux with the sk2 cai cause I have to take the whole battery replacement off so I'm gonna do the bushings and springs at the same time. Heard it just makes ur right to left motion on ur stick stiffer. Could be wrong. I'll def post when I do it.

I'll be doing them the end of this month. Looking at the acuity directions doesn't seem to difficult just time consuming. Just sux with the sk2 cai cause I have to take the whole battery replacement off so I'm gonna do the bushings and springs at the same time. Heard it just makes ur right to left motion on ur stick stiffer. Could be wrong. I'll def post when I do it.

Excited to get the acuity eventually, where are you purchasing yours?

Btw, did you do the CDV delete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the buddy club and wish I would have just gotten the acuity. I bought it second hand so I'm not sure what the quality of it was right out of the box. The plastic ball that rests in the main plastic housing has a ton of slop. It feels more than twice as sloppy as stock. If anyone is looking for a cheap way to shorten the throw, I suggest just getting the small metal extension that clips on the bottom of the stock shifter (I think bwr makes one) rather than the buddy club. Then getting a bushing kit to reduce the slop. The play from the ball on the buddy club is so bad. Acuity is definitely the way to go in the end though.

I have the buddy club and wish I would have just gotten the acuity. I bought it second hand so I'm not sure what the quality of it was right out of the box. The plastic ball that rests in the main plastic housing has a ton of slop. It feels more than twice as sloppy as stock. If anyone is looking for a cheap way to shorten the throw, I suggest just getting the small metal extension that clips on the bottom of the stock shifter (I think bwr makes one) rather than the buddy club. Then getting a bushing kit to reduce the slop. The play from the ball on the buddy club is so bad. Acuity is definitely the way to go in the end though.
@Kylesn52 you can pick up the Acuity shifter locally at Garage16 if you are planning on picking one up. They're up in Brampton.

I have the buddy club and when I first got it about two years back it was a nice upgrade. Felt solid and throws were a little bit shorter. But now it has a ton of play in neutral and doesn't feel great. Getting to the point of bothering me so I'd look into acuity and start saving cause they're charging big bucks.

Back