Bulb Removal

samhain

I just finished replacing my bulbs on my Si. Here is how you do it:

Fogs: These are the easiest. Two phillips head screws and then pull out light assembly.

High beams: Also, pretty easy. On the driver side, remove the battery tie down and tilt the battery back so you have room to get your hand on the bulb. You don't need to disconnect the battery.

Low beams: These are a pain in the a$$. Hopefully you still have your battery loose because you won't be able to remove the bulb any other way. On the passenger side, pop off the plastic clip holding the windshield wiper fluid tank. Next, pull up on the neck of the washer tank. It will pop off. That will give you enough room to access the bulb.

I hope this helps someone. With me searching the web, I found bits and pieces of this info on several different threads and websites. Knowing all of this, it should only take 15 to 20 minutes to replace all of the bulbs.

Yeah the low beams are PITA. I changed them on my ex-gf's 2006 Civic by going through the wheel well cover as it didn't seem to be any easier way of doing it.

Thanks for the tips on the 2012.

Back