• A large amount of updates and changes have been implemented. Users who have been using tapaptalk will need to access the site in their phone browser. You should see a big difference between the desktop/tablet/phone styles to make navigation and site options easier to use. If you come across any strange behavior, or errors, please report them in this thread. If you have any issues logging into the site, please delete all 9thcivic cookies and then log into the site. https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/site-changes.16518/

(CA) Smog - Referee Referral

kcoyo

Hi All,

I'm in CA and I was denied a smog test. I got referred to referee for inspection. It's for a "Data Check Failure" saying my ECU has been tampered with.

I have a 2012 Civic Si with a Hondata Reflash which is CARB approved (CARB EO D-742). Sent my ECU to Hondata -- I do not have Flash Pro. Do I need to worry about failing the functional test with the referee? My first appointment with them is via phone call before in-person due to COVID. Should I just let them know the truth?

Thanks!

ron v

Fuego from San Diego
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Ecu’s have to be stock in California to pass. If u have the carb number then u can show them and maybe they’ll accept it. Like when they do visual inspections and check for the carb stickers if u have headers, intake, etc.

my friend who passes my obd1 cars all the time said he won’t touch my car if my Ecu is modded.

Last edited: