Can new shocks effect the ride hight?

dellfive

Vehicle Model
civic SI
Body Style
sedan
I have a Hfp suspension kit on my si sedan... it’s a little lower in the back because the kit is rated for the coupe I suspect.

I need to replace the shocks in the back after 3 years of driving, if I don’t also replace the springs any new shocks won’t change the ride hight... am I correct?

also I’m trying to decide which rear shocks to pair with the hfp springs
I hear the truharts are pretty good

... Koni yellows worth the extra cash?

FWIW, Truharts require you to run a lowering spring of at least 1", but are by far the most economical.

FWIW, Truharts require you to run a lowering spring of at least 1", but are by far the most economical.
Thanks
The hfp springs do ride about an inch lower that my original si suspension

shocks should not affect ride height, ride height is determined by the springs. Fyi the sedan looks like its 93 pounds heavier, so this shouldn't really affect the shocks. It may look lower in the back but it's prob how the coupe vs sedan is designed and how they make the springs match the look. I weigh a lot more than 93 pounds lol. A problem you may run into with using some shocks.... they may wear a faster (less life span) because the springs lower your car and the shocks are "more collapse". How much less do they not last as long? it all depends and everyone drives different. Back in my day 2" lowered and shocks lasted around 30k miles... back in my day... but this is with oem shocks, blah, blah, blah. aftermarket should take a little more abuse. Truhart is recommended because their shocks are made for cars lowered more than 1" so you still get the needed travel of the shocks. I do not have recommendations with shocks because I don't have experience. Budget and what you want the shocks to do plays a role, the shocks job is to control the up/down movement of the wheel and provide "comfort". Koni shocks are adjustable this is good if you want to adjust them and this can take some time to dial in. Truharts are good just to drop in and forget.

Actually, you may get a little increase in ride height because you are comparing new vs blown, but it shouldn't be anything dramatic, maybe a 1/4"?

shocks should not affect ride height, ride height is determined by the springs. Fyi the sedan looks like its 93 pounds heavier, so this shouldn't really affect the shocks. It may look lower in the back but it's prob how the coupe vs sedan is designed and how they make the springs match the look. I weigh a lot more than 93 pounds lol. A problem you may run into with using some shocks.... they may wear a faster (less life span) because the springs lower your car and the shocks are "more collapse". How much less do they not last as long? it all depends and everyone drives different. Back in my day 2" lowered and shocks lasted around 30k miles... back in my day... but this is with oem shocks, blah, blah, blah. aftermarket should take a little more abuse. Truhart is recommended because their shocks are made for cars lowered more than 1" so you still get the needed travel of the shocks. I do not have recommendations with shocks because I don't have experience. Budget and what you want the shocks to do plays a role, the shocks job is to control the up/down movement of the wheel and provide "comfort". Koni shocks are adjustable this is good if you want to adjust them and this can take some time to dial in. Truharts are good just to drop in and forget.

Actually, you may get a little increase in ride height because you are comparing new vs blown, but it shouldn't be anything dramatic, maybe a 1/4"?
That makes sence thanks for the feedback

I went with the koni sports just 2 in the back
Their in the mail
I’ll let you know how this set up works

Back