Car won’t start after replacing battery!

j0s3fg4

Hello everyone, I’m new to the site and I’m looking for help. My old battery has been bad for a min, to a point where I have to drive with my jumper cables on my car. I got tired of jumping my car every time I left the door open for a few seconds so I decided to get a new one last night. So after work I head over to advance auto parts and I got a new one but after replacing it the car just cranks but won’t start. I check all of the ig relays and they seem to be okay. So I’m thinking it might be the fuel pump but it just don’t make any sense to me that it would go bad after switching batteries. Also keep in mind, 30 mins before I bought the new battery I had to fill up the tank because I was on E. Not sure if that’s part of the issue. I own a 2013 civic si with only 47k miles. Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can uhear your fuel pump prime when u turn the ignition on?

No I don’t hear anything. I removed the gas cap and had someone else place the key on the turn on position and didn’t hear anything.

U would be able to hear it from inside the car. Ur lights and everything else turns on or no? Radio and dash lights? Or Is the car completely dead?

you could check the fuel pump fuse. It's located on the drivers side below the dash. Fuel pump looks to be #4 - 15amp fuse.
==========

fuse.gif

U would be able to hear it from inside the car. Ur lights and everything else turns on or no? Radio and dash lights? Or Is the car completely dead?

I tried hearing it from inside but I couldn’t so I had someone else place the key in the on position while I remove the cap and still nothing. All the lights are good, it’s not like when I had to jump the car, this time all the lights stay on and the car cranks like it wants to turn on but it’s just a long crank.

UPDATE: I called my mechanic since it’s thanksgiving and he isn’t working today, he told me that these cars come with some type of chip that when we remove the battery, we have to reprogram the vehicle in order to turn on again. Does anyone know or heard about this before?

you could check the fuel pump fuse. It's located on the drivers side below the dash. Fuel pump looks to be #4 - 15amp fuse.
==========

fuse.gif

Thanks for the reply. I pulled out the fuse and it seems fine but I still replace it with another one and it still won’t turn on.

UPDATE: I called my mechanic since it’s thanksgiving and he isn’t working today, he told me that these cars come with some type of chip that when we remove the battery, we have to reprogram the vehicle in order to turn on again. Does anyone know or heard about this before?

no... people here have just swapped batteries.

Will it start if you jump the car? That would help eliminate things

UPDATE:
Yesterday I bought starting fluid and removed the intake and spray a little bit in the throttle body. The car then wanted to start but it didn’t. Then me and my cousin removed every fuse, even the ones that are hold with screws. Every fuse seems okay to us. I then tried to start the car and it had a long crank and then it started. I’m not sure what made the car started but it has been running since yesterday. What ever it’s I have no clue. If it happens again I’ll most likely take it to the dealer but so far it’s running perfect like before I switched the batteries. Thanks to everyone that replied, I learned a few things I didn’t know from every reply.

Back