Car won't move

Austin White

I went to drive my car and put it into first and nothing happened. The car pulled like it wanted to go but the wheels just wouldn't turn. Same happened with reverse and even pushing it in nuetral. Brakes are brand new on all wheels so I'm not sure what it could be. Any suggestions on what it may be? This is my daily to get to work so I need some ideas please

Did you do the brakes? Just replace pads, or pads and rotors or? Did you have a helper when bleeding the brakes/put new fluid in? What year/make/model?

Did you do the brakes? Just replace pads, or pads and rotors or? Did you have a helper when bleeding the brakes/put new fluid in? What year/make/model?
Just the pads and rotors. Had them replaced a week ago and everything was running smoothly. Put some coilovers on it yesterday and now today it just won't move, but I don't see how those would have effected the brakes
It's a 14 civic si

are you on stock wheels or aftermarket? did you get an alignment after getting coils? did you do the install yourself? Has it moved since the coil install? Are tires rubbing the inner coils? Does the wheel move if it's jacked up? Just too many variables to know what is going on by guessing without knowing more info.

are you on stock wheels or aftermarket? did you get an alignment after getting coils? did you do the install yourself? Has it moved since the coil install? Are tires rubbing the inner coils? Does the wheel move if it's jacked up? Just too many variables to know what is going on by guessing without knowing more info.
I just checked the front tires and it feels like they're touching the front coils so I'm gonna take them off and check it out. They have a slight camber to them that we didn't realize so taking that out should fix it

Yea that’s not good. How low are u?
Not that low. They came precambered and I can't change it unfortunately. I got some wheels spacers and that fixed the issue. Current one is I can't find any thread extenders in my area so now I can't even put the tires back on. Got any suggestions on where I could get those?

Amazon comes to mind but they won’t get to u for a few days. I’m not sure who else would carry them. @webby any ideas.

suspension setup seems kind of suspect. Maybe change them back until u have the parts I need to make it work. If that’s even an option.

Amazon comes to mind but they won’t get to u for a few days. I’m not sure who else would carry them. @webby any ideas.

suspension setup seems kind of suspect. Maybe change them back until u have the parts I need to make it work. If that’s even an option.
The oem ones that were on it are completely shot so that's not an option. Looking online for some extenders right now. Worst case I'll have to buy longer threading entirely cause the 37mm is way to short. Running to a parts store now cause they said they've got some at 55mm

What do you mean your coils came pre cambered? What coils are they? There are only a few coils that have some slight camber adjustment on the top that I’m aware of, and that’s just a matter of adjusting the bolt.

What do you mean your coils came pre cambered? What coils are they? There are only a few coils that have some slight camber adjustment on the top that I’m aware of, and that’s just a matter of adjusting the bolt.
They have the adjustable camber plate on it but it doesn't seems to move once the wheel knuckle has been bolted on. I've already cut my losses with this suspension though and have got a new one coming in a couple of days. I'm thinking this one was manufactured incorrectly cause it's been problem after problem since I got it

Yea those have sliders on the top. You have to loosen those top nuts or whatever you want to call them and slide them in/out to make it go positive or negative for camber. That shouldn’t even be enough to make the wheel touch the coil though, unless you’re on really wide wheels/tires? Usually there isn’t that much play but a couple degrees overall. Loosen those up and shift the coil more positive.

6BA344AB-10DD-4122-9AD9-49DF081BB438.jpeg

What brand? Pics?
Yea those have sliders on the top. You have to loosen those top nuts or whatever you want to call them and slide them in/out to make it go positive or negative for camber. That shouldn’t even be enough to make the wheel touch the coil though, unless you’re on really wide wheels/tires? Usually there isn’t that much play but a couple degrees overall. Loosen those up and shift the coil more positive.

View attachment 61672
It's got stock wheels on it as of right now
I'll give that a try tomorrow. Too dark right now. Hopefully that'll fix it and I can cancel the order on the new parts. If it doesn't work though then I'll just order them and return these ones

The jury is still out on MaXpeeding Rods. I've seen terrible reviews, and then others that seem fine. Most of the responses are, "you get what you pay for." If you're looking for a cheap track coil then these are it, but I wouldn't trust them as my daily. That's just me.

The jury is still out on MaXpeeding Rods. I've seen terrible reviews, and then others that seem fine. Most of the responses are, "you get what you pay for." If you're looking for a cheap track coil then these are it, but I wouldn't trust them as my daily. That's just me.

I second this. They used some green colored MaX's on the Low 350Z on Donut Media's Low-Hi series and had to remove them off-camera near the end of the series out of concern for safety. However, for most of the series they seemed fine--just loud.

I second this. They used some green colored MaX's on the Low 350Z on Donut Media's Low-Hi series and had to remove them off-camera near the end of the series out of concern for safety. However, for most of the series they seemed fine--just loud.

I love Donut. Especially Hi-Low. It further instills the "You get what you pay for" mentality. But also shows you that you don't need to overspend. It's all about understanding the features and benefits of the higher cost products and figuring out if those features are worth the additional money. Sometimes the budget option is all you need, but sometimes a dollar saved now, is $10 spent later.

Back