CD player doesn't play CD-Rs

Ricardo

I have bought a 2012 CR-V for me and a 2012 Civic EX for my wife on the same day. After 3 weeks we switched cars, so I took my CD's (CD -R's with MP3 files burned by me, that works fine on my CR-V) to the Civic, and surprise... they don't work. I took the car to the dealer and for my total disbelief they have no idea why. They tested my CD's on 3 different Civic's and nothing, they work fine on any other Honda model. Regular music Cd's works fine.
Does anybody here has the same problem or any explanation?

I've had issues in past cars, and it literally came down to the brand of cd-r. If you happen to have another brand of CD-R disc, try it out. I cannot say what brand won't/will work in the 2012, but I've had that issue on previous cars. You know what brand you are having issues with currently?

while it may work in one honda vehicle, it may not work in another due to the audio maker. They are not the same from vehicle to vehicle, and not the same from year to year. ie - the current navigation is made by mitsubishi, and the previous generation civic had an alpine unit.

Really? Different brands? Unbelievable.

Thanks, I'll try a different brand tomorrow. The ones I'm using now are STAPLES. (yeah that's the brand)

I repaired a pc not long ago that wouldn't boot off a certain brand cd-r. It was an older computer, but it finally worked off a different brand. I would imagine that is the problem you're having. You'll have to let us know how it goes for you

I finally figured it out, I normally burn my CD's using windows. I put the cd on the driver, a windows pop-up asking me what to do... I choose burn files to disk and voila...done.
It works for every car besides my new civic, so I decide to use Power2go (after trying 3 different CD brands with no success) instead of the built-in burn capability of windows. Power2go has a specific MP3 file burn option that worked fine. Problem solved.

well I'm glad to hear you've resolved that. I've never burned something though the windows pop-up, so that's a new one. Was it burning them as mp3's through the windows burning application - essentially making a data cd?

Back