Cheap Vent Mount for Smartphones

Legalkill

Kennesaw, GA 30152
Vehicle Model
Wife's 2014 SI
Body Style
Orange Pearl Sedan

My Wife's 2014 Civic SI does not have the navigation (hoping Android Auto is an update for the 2014). The Civic outlet placement did not let me use my outlet mount I used in my Expedition.

I don't like window mounts or the free floating sticky mounts.

This is my solution for a car mount, its under $4 dollars free shipping. Just took a month to get here from China. Used it for a few weeks now, definitely worth the $3.48. Fits the Civic dash nicely.

http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Adjustable-Vent-Mount-Holder/dp/B00J9Z0L42/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

UPDATE: Picture of it with LG G3 in Spigen AirCushion Case. Big phone still fits nicely.

Attachments

• 20140722_074935.jpg
    20140722_074935.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
That's not bad and the design looks nice and simple. I just got a Mountek and I'm still looking for a good spot to mount it. Lol. It is significantly much more expensive though.

I have the Kenu Airframe. It looks very similar to the OP's mount. The actual mounting attachment is identical, just the phone holder is different. Works great for me and its doesn't take up any space on the dash.
airframe-black-white-renders-r0.png

I like the slim bracket on the kenu. Not sure why the one i got has large cylinder, other than it was 4 bucks

Last edited:
Back